News The conspiracies against Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
It's like hippies took to the internet these days.

Used to be they just passed around blunts and talked with themselves.... It's like...*takes huge hint*... all a conspiracy maaaaaaaaan

These aren't hippies. I've never seen a hippie Trump supporter.

Never were.

These are long time far right-wing batshit conspiratards who have broad following among the Trump base.

I have been telling you for 2 years now that the right has fully mainstreamed batshit. They've mainstreamed conspiracy theories, anti-vax, and science denialism in general.

The dirt has stuck. You cannot simply brush it off. It's fully integrated now into the mainstream of the party. It can no longer be dismissed as fringe.

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014

Used to be they just passed around blunts and talked with themselves.... It's like...*takes huge hint*... all a conspiracy maaaaaaaaan
That's not the problem, its the few that'll be radicalized enough to do something criminal. People who believe committing attacks is the only solution to the conspiracy boogeyman

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Nov 8, 2012
These aren't hippies. I've never seen a hippie Trump supporter.

Never were.

These are long time far right-wing batshit conspiratards who have broad following among the Trump base.

I have been telling you for 2 years now that the right has fully mainstreamed batshit. They've mainstreamed conspiracy theories, anti-vax, and science denialism in general.

The dirt has stuck. You cannot simply brush it off. It's fully integrated now into the mainstream of the party. It can no longer be dismissed as fringe.

You're telling me that hippies never said that government had conspiracies that they were hiding from us?

Whatever, these people are nutters I can admit. I ultimately don't care about if they are called hippies I just enjoyed saying that statement in a hippie voice and finding it went nicely :p

Reactions: cytg111

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No, it's really not. They try to make it a thing, because batshit "crunchy" pseudoscience has been mainstreamed, but they aren't, and never were hippies.
No, hippies for Trump is a thing. I'm not saying these people in the OP links are hippies, but hippies for Trump is a thing. I'm not sure it's significant, but it exists.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
No, hippies for Trump is a thing. I'm not saying these people in the OP links are hippies, but hippies for Trump is a thing. I'm not sure it's significant, but it exists.

Yes, I know someone has made it "a thing." The problem is, it's astroturfed. It is mainly made up of hyper conservative women who call themselves "crunchy" and "natural" and are anti-vax and into alt-med.

It's basically a murder of Karens.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's not the problem, its the few that'll be radicalized enough to do something criminal. People who believe committing attacks is the only solution to the conspiracy boogeyman

It's more than that. It's an enormous problem when 62M Americans believed in so many lies that they couldn't make a rational decision & made Trump President. It's even worse that many of them still can't even grasp how far out in the weeds we've gone.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I know we are supposed to abstain from attacking sources but I question the worth of a conspiracy theory raised by a holocaust denier, a former Fox News drunkard, and a 9/11 CIA/Zionist conspiracy nutter.

I don't see a problem attacking someones source for information just not attacking the person who was posting it.

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Since the people around here are only informed by Demoncrats, here is some outside news you won't find through Google.

...And that is just the start. I highly encourage you to use https://duckduckgo.com/ as your search engine. F Google, all they return are conspiracy theories proposed by Trump..
Flake Fake news much? :p College offers some great courses on scholarly research and rhetorical analysis to help people overcome their confirmation biases. ;)

Reactions: Meghan54

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We are supposed to restain from attacking sources

I don't see a problem attacking someones source for information just not attacking the person who was posting it.

Bullshit generators exploit Brandolini's law with the firehose of falsehood. They can generate bullshit 10X faster than it can be refuted therefore proven bullshit generators can & must be rejected out of hand if any rational discussion is to be had.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I read the OP’s post as if he was making fun of those that believe such crazy things. Was he actually being serious? Wow

Reactions: Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Just who are you trying to convince that rabidly paranoid dumbshit Trump supporters are "hippies"? :D

You know, hippies raise a big stink about fascists. They are most definitely not on the Trump Train.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Since the people around here are only informed by Demoncrats, here is some outside news you won't find through Google.

...And that is just the start. I highly encourage you to use https://duckduckgo.com/ as your search engine. F Google, all they return are conspiracy theories proposed by Trump..

I'm sorry to inform you that your getting your information for unreliable conspiracy nuts. Duck duck go your way to factual information is my recommendation.

Reactions: Pohemi and Thebobo

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Common sense: the number of participants and the total of their communication channels with each other and the world make it impossible for any of the conspiracies cited in the OP to exist.

This is very similar to the assertion that massive voter fraud occurred in 2016, for instance -- one Trumpie in a focus group maintained that there were 3 million instances of voter fraud because there were 3 million illegal immigrants in California. But there were 160,000 different voter precincts nationally, and somewhere, someone among those precincts would've uncovered evidence of any significant voter fraud.

It is sad that something between 20% and 40% of the participating electorate are so confused.

If they are not confused, then all governments including state and local, all career federal employees, various foreign actors -- pretty much the entire human race but for the MAGA-hat crowd -- is "out to get" Trump. That includes major big-city dailies, all five or six (minus one) media news channels.

We're all out to get Trump, and we cooked up all the mounting criminal evidence against him. It's jus' a soshalist conspiracy to waste our tax dollars!

And -- add this quote from a toothless cornpone interviewee in bib overalls from some Georgia backwater enclave, inserting the tears and whines as you see fit: "'Murica use'ta be a great place for what [white] people."

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Duh, is this a plant by Russian operatives intent on influencing the 2020 election? I have to think so.
btw -- where did the OP go?? I was hoping we would be able to discuss this with the OP.....
You know as in ask for some verifiable facts...

I think that's your answer... Russian operative(s).

Reactions: Meghan54

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Duh, is this a plant by Russian operatives intent on influencing the 2020 election? I have to think so.

I think that's your answer... Russian operative(s).
They tried this once with another member but I can`t recall the name....so whose to say they won`t try it again??