The consolidated New Hampshire primary results thread (let's try this again)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
History is going to remember how Bernie and his spoiled brats gave us 8 years of Trump.

I guess it had to happen though.
If Bernie is responsible for the loss in 2016 wouldn't Clinton be responsible for the loss in 2020?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Whoever the nominee is will face a blizzard of bullshit the likes of which we have never seen, not even in 2016. Trump knows people don't like him and his followers (mostly) know people don't like him. They know their best path to victory is just like in 2016 where they try to make the electorate think everyone is bad so there's no difference.

The worst part isn't that Trump will try this though, it's that I fully expect the media to once again go along with it in the neverending quest for 'balance'.
I don't know if it's accurate to say that Trump and his supporters know that most people don't like them so much as Trump and his supporters are openly hostile to anyone who doesn't like them. That might be splitting hairs but IMO is an important distinction.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
You are insane.
Bloomberg has said stop & frisk was a mistake.

Has the President said stop & frisk was a mistake? Has he admitted he was wrong about the Central Park Five or should they all still be put to death.

Stop trying to find the ideal person who has never supported something you don’t agree with.

That's not something you just apologize for and move on from. Fuck that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are no Republican primaries. The Republican Establishment doesn't want anything to get in the way of the God Emperor's re-coronation.
So if you're a Republican with reservations about Trump's blatant corruption and abuse of power, the RNC says tough shit.

They'd be pointless, anyway. Trump owns the GOP primary voting base, heart & soul. Their only path to electoral victory is with Trump & they all know it.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
So exactly what does someone do to move forward?

To move forward from that? Apologize sincerely, provide meaningful support to whatever efforts are underway to undo the damage you've done (in this case, support the campaigns of district attorney's that are running on anti-carceral platforms. And don't run for office. Instead, use your billions to support someone that has not done something so heinous.

Bloomberg will do none of that because he isn't actually sorry.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why? Trump doesn't even apologize for the things, he just moves on.

I thought we had entered a brave new world with our leadership?

"It was a perfect call. I did nothing wrong. Read the transcript. The server... they say Ukraine has it."

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Hahaha, you have much to learn. See, Clinton has never been responsible for anything.
Don't let me stop you from shooting your mouth off, but you might want to consider that, if Bernie wins the nom, you're going to want Clinton supporters to vote for him.

Feb 4, 2009
To move forward from that? Apologize sincerely, provide meaningful support to whatever efforts are underway to undo the damage you've done (in this case, support the campaigns of district attorney's that are running on anti-carceral platforms. And don't run for office. Instead, use your billions to support someone that has not done something so heinous.

Bloomberg will do none of that because he isn't actually sorry.

He has pledged to give away minimum 50% of his wealth. The Buffet/Gates pledge thing. Does this deserve no credit?
Sincerely apologize is difficult because I’m a white guy and not effected by those policies. I’ll let someone who has been or could have been effected make that decision.

Jul 9, 2009
You reveal that the talk of Bernie being screwed is often alt-right trollery. And, you know, anybody who gets all frothed up about that particular lying campaign can get stupid, again, so that your hero can win again. Go get 'em, tiger.
The DNC screwed Sen. Sanders in 2016 and they are now changing the rules to do it again.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
They'd be pointless, anyway. Trump owns the GOP primary voting base, heart & soul. Their only path to electoral victory is with Trump & they all know it.
With polling support consistently in the mid-40s, Trump's only path to victory is split up the Dems and get as many of them as possible to stay home. Luckily for him, there's Bernie and his supporters, ready and willing to make that happen. Again.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The DNC screwed Sen. Sanders in 2016 and they are now changing the rules to do it again.
I know how out of touch you are from reality, but repeating the same lie over and over again doesn't make it true. Bernie lost the 2016 primaries by more than 3 million votes. No screwing occurred or was required.

Feb 4, 2009
Not really, he's still got more money than 99.99% of people, even giving away half of it.

It literally means nothing to him to not have half a fortune, it's still a fortune.

So giving away like 10 or 20 Billion dollars is nothing?

Edit: will you be giving away half or more of your wealth by the time you die?

Last edited:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
With polling support consistently in the mid-40s, Trump's only path to victory is split up the Dems and get as many of them as possible to stay home. Luckily for him, there's Bernie and his supporters, ready and willing to make that happen. Again.

Guess we better nominate Bernie then.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Don't let me stop you from shooting your mouth off, but you might want to consider that, if Bernie wins the nom, you're going to want Clinton supporters to vote for him.
A real political strategy, what's that?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Not really, he's still got more money than 99.99% of people, even giving away half of it.

It literally means nothing to him to not have half a fortune, it's still a fortune.

Imagine being impressed by a meaningless gesture like that. The good news is if Sanders is elected he can help Bloomberg give away even more of his fortune.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
A real political strategy, what's that?
The Bernie supporters only political strategy is to piss off everyone and then still expect their votes. Trump and the MAGAs couldn't be happier.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
The Bernie supporters only political strategy is to piss off everyone and then still expect their votes. Trump and the MAGAs couldn't be happier.

We all know where this is going. Just tell us you're going to vote for Trump if Sanders is nominated and get it over with.

Reactions: DarthKyrie