The consolidated New Hampshire primary results thread (let's try this again)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
lol i'm no fan of bloomberg but he would be much better than trump, he wouldn't improve much of anything imo though, there's no change, same with Buttigieg

Look at NYC's record of how it treated minorities under Bloomberg. He's like GWB, he's not as vulgar as Trump, but his policies are just as bad, if not worse. Bush's headcount dwarf's Trumps.

In any case, it's academic, I cannot imagine that Bloomberg will win the nomination, though he will certainly try to wound Sanders as that's his main purpose.

Jul 9, 2009
You guys have truly spun yourselves into crazy town. Bloomberg would be a vast, vast improvement over Trump.

I see you're already psyching yourself up to go back on your pledge to vote for the Democratic nominee if it isn't Sanders. This is not surprising.
Lol, "pledge"

No matter how much the DNC screws Sen. Sanders and his supporters you must pledge to like it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
lol i'm no fan of bloomberg but he would be much better than trump, he wouldn't improve much of anything imo though, there's no change, same with Buttigieg

I think we should all be aware that basically no matter who wins there will not be dramatic change as whatever legislation they want to pass will have to get through Congress, the Senate in particular. Even if the Democrats win the Senate that means something like Joe Manchin is the median senator, so whatever you want to do will have to be okay with him.

What's really going to matter is what they can do with executive powers alone, but that's not likely to be radical change.

Reactions: KMFJD

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Look at NYC's record of how it treated minorities under Bloomberg. He's like GWB, he's not as vulgar as Trump, but his policies are just as bad, if not worse. Bush's headcount dwarf's Trumps.

That's quite a game of association you just played there where you found a way to hang the Iraq War's headcount on Michael Bloomberg, haha.

Bloomberg is a country mile better than Trump and every sane person knows it.

In any case, it's academic, I cannot imagine that Bloomberg will win the nomination, though he will certainly try to wound Sanders as that's his main purpose.

If his goal is to wound Sanders his strategy is terrible at it as he's taking voters from the moderate Democrats, not Bernie, and he's not attacking Sanders in any significant way. If his main purpose is to wound Sanders then why isn't he, you know, trying to wound Sanders?

Reactions: Starbuck1975

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Oh, puh-leeze. I expect Biden to drop out before too much longer. He isn't getting the funding or the support from the rank & file to prevail. It's not like there's much air between Bernie & the rest at this point. 26% is not some crushing victory. I doubt he can prevail w/o an honest majority (or close to it) of pledged delegates at the convention.

And, yes, I rather fancy Warren myself.

Wait so is the “establishment” trying to rig the primary in favor of Biden or not?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I predict that Donald Trump will win the Republican primary

Wait......I thought they were cancelling all of them? Or maybe that was just until the feeble opposition that Trump didn't even want to face dropped out. Can't show a hint of weakness inside the Party of Trump.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Lol, "pledge"

No matter how much the DNC screws Sen. Sanders and his supporters you must pledge to like it.

You reveal that the talk of Bernie being screwed is often alt-right trollery. And, you know, anybody who gets all frothed up about that particular lying campaign can get stupid, again, so that your hero can win again. Go get 'em, tiger.

Reactions: brycejones

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
And let's face it, Trump will have a harder time attacking Sanders

Can't he?

The Casto's Cuba supporting Communist?​
Communism is evil folks. We fought a cold war to stop them, and we're going to elect one as President? Believe me, that'll never happen folks Believe me. If you elect Sanders the economy is going to tank, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes… the dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.​
And look at the guy. He claims to be poor but he has a house. A house! We cannot let that elite rich guy, that fraud, anywhere near my golden toilets.​

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Can't he?

The Casto's Cuba supporting Communist?​
Communism is evil folks. We fought a cold war to stop them, and we're going to elect one as President? Believe me, that'll never happen folks Believe me. If you elect Sanders the economy is going to tank, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes… the dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.​
And look at the guy. He claims to be poor but he has a house. A house! We cannot let that elite rich guy, that fraud, anywhere near my golden toilets.​
I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't started calling him 'Slanderin' Sanders' yet.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't started calling him 'Slanderin' Sanders' yet.

Much like Clinton wrongly wanted to face Trump in 2016, Trump thinks Sanders will be beatable, so he hasn't really opened up on him the way he's opened up on Biden. FWIW, when the time for nicknames comes, it's going to be "Crazy Bernie". Slanderin' Sanders doesn't make any sense.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Can the OP start some conspiracy theories now, or do we have to wait for page 3 for the random Twitter posts?

Just how will Hillary and the Establishment screw Bernie this time?

Power outages?
Rigged voting machines?
Chemtrails seeding clouds for rainstorms to depress turnout?

History is going to remember how Bernie and his spoiled brats gave us 8 years of Trump.

I guess it had to happen though.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Lol, "pledge"

The DNC never screwed Bernie, unless losing by millions of votes is being screwed. What's happening is that Trump supporters, like you, are such vicious authoritarians that they are forcing the Democrats to run Bernie whether the Democrats want to or not.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I predict that Donald Trump will win the Republican primary and that Bernie will win the Democratic primary .
There are no Republican primaries. The Republican Establishment doesn't want anything to get in the way of the God Emperor's re-coronation.
So if you're a Republican with reservations about Trump's blatant corruption and abuse of power, the RNC says tough shit.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Much like Clinton wrongly wanted to face Trump in 2016, Trump thinks Sanders will be beatable, so he hasn't really opened up on him the way he's opened up on Biden. FWIW, when the time for nicknames comes, it's going to be "Crazy Bernie". Slanderin' Sanders doesn't make any sense.
It never has to make sense, it just has to be catchy. Everyone already knows Bernie is crazy/crazy uncle/whatever, it's half his charm at this point. Slanderin' introduces the brain seed that he's malicious in some way, truth and logic be damned.

Soviet Sanders is a good one too but you can't add an apostrophe into that one. Trump loves apostrophes.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
He'll likely win. I suppose the question of "How do you solve a problem like Bernie" perhaps sung to a Sound of Music tune, is foremost in the minds of the DNC. Having someone of an independent mindset however beneficial that might be is likely intolerable.

It's sad that a leader in the mold of FDR is a problem to a Democratic party now built in the image of Bill Clinton.

Feb 4, 2009
Can the OP start some conspiracy theories now, or do we have to wait for page 3 for the random Twitter posts?

Just how will Hillary and the Establishment screw Bernie this time?

Power outages?
Rigged voting machines?
Chemtrails seeding clouds for rainstorms to depress turnout?

Seconds ago I just heard some maniac on the radio say she was going to vote Bernie in 2016 but “didn’t bother” since the DNC was out to screw him. She then claim Bernie got the most votes in 2016 but the DNC hid them.

Today she voted for President Trump.

Useful. Fucking. Idiot.
I love the uneducated

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It never has to make sense, it just has to be catchy. Everyone already knows Bernie is crazy/crazy uncle/whatever, it's half his charm at this point. Slanderin' introduces the brain seed that he's malicious in some way, truth and logic be damned.

Soviet Sanders is a good one too but you can't add an apostrophe into that one. Trump loves apostrophes.

I can't wait until Bernie gets the nom and the usually semi-dormant antisemitism of Trump and his supporters wakes up. I expect that at some point even Trump will tweet out (((Bernie))) or similar.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I can't wait until Bernie gets the nom and the usually semi-dormant antisemitism of Trump and his supporters wakes up. I expect that at some point even Trump will tweet out (((Bernie))) or similar.
It'll happen, mark my words. We'll see a resurgence of commentary regarding the globalist tendencies of the Jewish 'race' and how we need to buckle down and be all isolationist and xenophobic and shit.

Feb 4, 2009
If you're talking about the audio, that was uncovered by Benjamin Dixon, a leftist Bernie supporter on Twitter and podcaster. Bloomberg is a fucking ghoul, he would absolutely be worse than Trump.

You are insane.
Bloomberg has said stop & frisk was a mistake.

Has the President said stop & frisk was a mistake? Has he admitted he was wrong about the Central Park Five or should they all still be put to death.

Stop trying to find the ideal person who has never supported something you don’t agree with.

Reactions: Vic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Whoever the nominee is will face a blizzard of bullshit the likes of which we have never seen, not even in 2016. Trump knows people don't like him and his followers (mostly) know people don't like him. They know their best path to victory is just like in 2016 where they try to make the electorate think everyone is bad so there's no difference.

The worst part isn't that Trump will try this though, it's that I fully expect the media to once again go along with it in the neverending quest for 'balance'.

Reactions: Bitek and Jaskalas

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's sad that a leader in the mold of FDR is a problem to a Democratic party now built in the image of Bill Clinton.
FDR, Cox, and Smith all ran and lost in the 1920s, until FDR won in 1932. Timing is everything.