Question The computer is stuck on the BIOS entry screen.

Unss

May 17, 2023
Hello friends,

When I shut down CSM, my computer gets stuck on the screen below and I cannot enter the BIOS or continue to Windows. Sometimes, when I don't use it for a long time, or when I turn it on after 1-2 hours, it happens like this, but the problem is fixed when I reset it.

The BIOS version was 5.30, and I updated it to 5.70 due to this problem, but the situation did not change. I also switched from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but the problem persisted. The system is installed as UEFI, and the disks are formatted as GPT. If I enable CSM, I cannot activate AMD SAM, and Secure Boot must be enabled for Valorant to work in Windows 11, but Secure Boot does not work when CSM is enabled.

System: Asrock B450M Pro4 - 5700G - XFX 6750 XT - HP V6 RAM 1.4V 4133 MHz

How can I solve this problem? Also, would constantly resetting the computer at this screen be harmful in the long run?

Attachments

• 3cbdc5d368461f433617f1fa12ff5a64.jpeg
    3cbdc5d368461f433617f1fa12ff5a64.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 17
  • a6199341e6914e50b300e824836ea1a5 - Kopya.png
    a6199341e6914e50b300e824836ea1a5 - Kopya.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 18
  • a7fbc74f4e70f5b98379c24052e50112 - Kopya.png
    a7fbc74f4e70f5b98379c24052e50112 - Kopya.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 18

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
CSM is for MBR and I wouldn't expect it to work with GPT.

Secure boot is a pita until it's working.

Of you're using ddr5 it might be training again each time you change the UEFI parameters. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before doing a hard reset.

Unss

May 17, 2023
CSM is for MBR and I wouldn't expect it to work with GPT.

Secure boot is a pita until it's working.

Of you're using ddr5 it might be training again each time you change the UEFI parameters. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before doing a hard reset.
Thanks for answer, but I think you misunderstood me. This happens when I closed CSM, so if CSM for Mbr when it's closed it should be working fine with GPT.
Also I'm not using DDR5.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Ok, well if you disable CSM and get stuck on the flash screen I would start checking hardware like RAM. If you get into the UEFI screen check the fans and make sure the ram shows up as what you have in it. The unlikely suspect would be the CPU but anything is possible. I also run an ASR board on the Intel side and it's kind of slow to post sometimes but, I haven't had it stick on the splash screen. I've used ASR boards for a few years and stuck with them for the price and performance.

Reactions: Steltek

Unss

May 17, 2023
Ok, well if you disable CSM and get stuck on the flash screen I would start checking hardware like RAM. If you get into the UEFI screen check the fans and make sure the ram shows up as what you have in it. The unlikely suspect would be the CPU but anything is possible. I also run an ASR board on the Intel side and it's kind of slow to post sometimes but, I haven't had it stick on the splash screen. I've used ASR boards for a few years and stuck with them for the price and performance.
If something is wrong with my ram, don't you think I should be stuck at the splash screen when I enable CSM? Also I tried my rams with Overclock and standart XMP settings nothing changed. In both situation my computer worked fine after I resetted and pass this screen, rams worked normally too. If I had spare rams I coudl try them too but I don't, I also re-seatted and checked my Cpu Pins

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Well, the splash screen covers up all of the POST tests. Sometimes you can hit ESC and see what it's doing. Or go into the UEFI and disable the splash option. It could be scanning for a network boot or something other than booting from a disk. IIRC every X number of boots it will run a full test vs a fastboot.

Unss

May 17, 2023
Well, the splash screen covers up all of the POST tests. Sometimes you can hit ESC and see what it's doing. Or go into the UEFI and disable the splash option. It could be scanning for a network boot or something other than booting from a disk. IIRC every X number of boots it will run a full test vs a fastboot.
" Sometimes you can hit ESC and see what it's doing" tried all buttons nothing happen. "UEFI and disable the splash option" I couldn't understand this part but if you meant fast boot options I enabled it now and I will try like this.
Also when I checked my boot settings it shows my hdd as boot option 1 to be exact "Boot Option #1 Windows Boot Manager (HGST hts725...) this is my secondary drive and its a classic 2.5 inch hdd but I'm pretty sure my system works on my SSD drive. This is the only options that menu shows when I change to disable pc won't boot goes bios menu everytime.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
classic 2.5 inch hdd but I'm pretty sure my system works on my SSD drive
Sounds like both have boot partitions and are causing some of the issues. If the SSD is your primary then grab the data off the spinner and then repartition it to blow away the MBR and it should resolve things.

Unss

May 17, 2023
Sounds like both have boot partitions and are causing some of the issues. If the SSD is your primary then grab the data off the spinner and then repartition it to blow away the MBR and it should resolve things.
I really don't know how this happen but I'm sure my problem older than this because I installed this hdd 2-3 months ago but CSM problem here almost 6 months. HDD was Mbr too I tried to do this but I couldn't so to be sure I unplugged hdd's and format Ssd. Now I'm trying this fast boot options and I will change my cmos battery to be sure if this solution won't solve my problem I will get back to you about a little more help. Thanks a lot

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Fast boot will disable your ability to get into the UEFI to make changes.

What I was trying to imply is disable the splash screen on boot so you can see the output from the UEFI when you turn the system on.

There also some other options in the UEFI you can play around with to speed or slow things down. But, seeing what's happening during boot will help figure out what the underlying issue is. The fact that both drives are indicting a boot option points to boot loaders conflicting and causing at least 1 issue. I had a hell of a time with CSM though when upgrading to ADL to the point where I finally threw in the towel and converted to GPT which wasn't all that painful compared to monkeying around with CSM / SB for a couple of days. I just wanted to port my drive over from an 8700K build to the 12700K and be done with it. Well, all of this crap came into play and thwarted my attempts to KISS it and boot.

Needless to say UEFI / CSM make things overly complicated by over promising and under delivering. Since converting the disk though it's been flawless. It just took a few hesitant extra steps to make the switch.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Asrock B450M Pro4 - 5700G - XFX 6750 XT - HP V6 RAM 1.4V 4133 MHz

I would not be suprised if that cpu is dead.
No joke....

Ive lost 2 5600G's.

There is something wrong with that batch i am thinking.
I noticed the 5000g series is like throwing craps dice.
You can google 5600g dying and see many have this issue.

If you have another CPU i would recommend you swap it and see.
Its the fastest and easiest way to test.

Of you're using ddr5 it might be training again each time you change the UEFI parameters.

The B450 does not have DDR5.

Unss

May 17, 2023
I would not be suprised if that cpu is dead.
No joke....

Ive lost 2 5600G's.

There is something wrong with that batch i am thinking.
I noticed the 5000g series is like throwing craps dice.
You can google 5600g dying and see many have this issue.

If you have another CPU i would recommend you swap it and see.
Its the fastest and easiest way to test.

The B450 does not have DDR5.
thanks but ı don't think it's a cpu problem because everything working fine.
Fast boot will disable your ability to get into the UEFI to make changes.

What I was trying to imply is disable the splash screen on boot so you can see the output from the UEFI when you turn the system on.

There also some other options in the UEFI you can play around with to speed or slow things down. But, seeing what's happening during boot will help figure out what the underlying issue is. The fact that both drives are indicting a boot option points to boot loaders conflicting and causing at least 1 issue. I had a hell of a time with CSM though when upgrading to ADL to the point where I finally threw in the towel and converted to GPT which wasn't all that painful compared to monkeying around with CSM / SB for a couple of days. I just wanted to port my drive over from an 8700K build to the 12700K and be done with it. Well, all of this crap came into play and thwarted my attempts to KISS it and boot.

Needless to say UEFI / CSM make things overly complicated by over promising and under delivering. Since converting the disk though it's been flawless. It just took a few hesitant extra steps to make the switch.
Now I don't have any problem after enabling fast boot and Re-install w11 again. But could you please tell me how can I disable that splash screen on boot?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Now I don't have any problem after enabling fast boot and Re-install w11 again. But could you please tell me how can I disable that splash screen on boot?

are you talking about the board logo with the circle ring on the bottom as its booting windows?

Because i don't think you can.
That is UEFI booting windows bootloader.

UEFI changed how systems boot up.
There is like a F8 key or something to show POST.
But it will still default back to the UEFI windows bootloader after its done its Memory training.
So there is no real way to get rid of that splash screen.

I know there are some Moded bios's which allow you to change the logo and even have a picture, but those are very risky to play with, as running a unsupported bios is like playing with a hot potato thats burning hotter then the sun.

Last edited:

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
thanks but ı don't think it's a cpu problem because everything working fine.

It could be the CPU, when my 7950X died it wouldn't enter Windows only the POST screen. I thought something was wrong with the SSD or partitions but when I changed the CPU, it worked perfectly. When I put the 7950X into another system, same thing, that system could no longer boot into Windows. Thankfully AMD RMA got me a 7950X replacement after a few weeks.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

gdansk

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2011
I've seen similar symptoms on a friend's system. He had enabled Resizable BAR, Above 4G decoding which enabled UEFI only boot enabled. Drive wasn't recognized as a valid boot target and would go to BIOS.

Used mbr2gpt and bcdboot to fix it. Are all of your drives GPT already? Then try to restore the boot configuration data

Reactions: igor_kavinski