The Comcast tech has come and gone...

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
i have the same thing, the 21 mbps is only good for the first 10 or 20 mb when you download big files.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: HN
why does that look like 21Mbps?

powerbost as MyStupidMouth said, its comcasts lil think that boost speeds on fasdt DLs, and fucks with speedtests, if you downlolad a larg file, like 50 megs it evens out to 6mb pretty fast

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis

powerbost as MyStupidMouth said, its comcasts lil think that boost speeds on fasdt DLs, and fucks with speedtests, if you downlolad a larg file, like 50 megs it evens out to 6mb pretty fast

interesting. does it recognize the size of the file first or does it apply the powerboost to any file? so let's say you had a 20Mb file -- could you potentially download that file in 1 sec? or will it see that that is not a 50MB file and so will just start at ~6Mbps?

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
no fair. while internet is cheap here in israel, they just don't develop it! the best offered here is 5Mb! i mean come on! we're a small country! we could do it better!

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Comcast has to be the worst internet provider i've ever had in my life. Wanna know what my numbers are for that speed test?

817kbps down, 1446kbps up.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Anubis

interesting. does it recognize the size of the file first or does it apply the powerboost to any file? so let's say you had a 20Mb file -- could you potentially download that file in 1 sec? or will it see that that is not a 50MB file and so will just start at ~6Mbps?

it applys it to everything for a fixed ammnt of time i think, once it goes ofer that it slows down

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I thought the way most ISPs worked was that you could get awesome burst speeds. So you might be able to get 25Mbit when downloading a 50kb webpage, but when you go to download a big file you get slowed down to your alloted bandwidth.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
So that speed boost seems to have been implemented specifically for online speed tests? That is ingenious and lame at the same time!LOL

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Originally posted by: bignateyk
Comcast has to be the worst internet provider i've ever had in my life. Wanna know what my numbers are for that speed test?

817kbps down, 1446kbps up.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

lol