Dec 17, 2005
Installed Corsair H100

Temperatures are amazing

Did a cold boot, took like 5 powerups for it to actually load OS

i7 2600 4.4ghz @ v1.310 PLL [auto] vdroop [auto] everything auto
msi z77a-g45
16gb Corsair Veng 1866mhz pc15000 ram running stock

:(

Locked on request of OP (existing thread here)
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah that's not right. There is something wrong with your mobo is my guess at this point.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Can you try delaying POST? Maybe set it to disable quickboot?

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
I also have the H100. Do you have the CPU sensor attached to the proper pins on the mb? I just looked at a picture of the H100 pump assembly and it has both the power attachemnet (std 5 v attrachment) AND the CPU attachment. Make sure your cpu attachment is attached to the default cpu monitor on your mb and make sure your BIOS has the cpu monitoring set to auto so that the H100 pump is doing its work. The pump fans are set to low, medium or high by pushing the middle buttom on the pump.

Last edited:

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Reflash the bios to a different version.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
5 tries = bsod? boot loop? Lights are on nobodys home?

Are you still using fixed vcore with all the c-states disabled?

How many ram sticks? If only two which slots? Two = 2nd and 4th slot from cpu

Last edited:

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
Under the monitoring tab in your BIOS, do you have the CPU monitoring set to Auto or is it set to manual?

Macgruber

Dec 17, 2005
no bsod, just repeated starts with all fans spinning lights going and shut downs/restarts

4sticks of 4gb dual channel each

fixed vcore of v1.310 all cstates disabled

mobo is brand new, i did hook up the H100's main connector to the CPU fan on mobo next to the cpu

cpu is on smart fan target 40*C should i maybe raise that for starting purposes?

im going to try to delay post or disable quickboot just trying to figure it out

thank you very much for the help guys its hard when problems dont make sense -_- im thinking its a setting messing with other shit but it doesnt make sense for the PC to run all IBT's p95, stay on for days and when i restart or cold boot is the only time it acts funny

Edit- im using bios v2.6, newest is 2.9... a few people told me to NEVER update unless theres a specific problem in the updates that solves your problem so should i update or should i not ? :S
- not sure if Intel RapidStart technology is the quickboot in bios but if it is i have set to disabled :(

Last edited:

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Word to the wise - edit the profanity out of your post before a mod sees it.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Have you tried slower and loose timings on memory yet? Tried bumping memory voltage a little....Example spec 1.5 try 1.55 instead.

Sounds like issue setting clocks or memory timing.

Macgruber

Dec 17, 2005
Have you tried slower and loose timings on memory yet? Tried bumping memory voltage a little....Example spec 1.5 try 1.55 instead.

Sounds like issue setting clocks or memory timing.

i have not, i just set XMP to run the memory at its peak point, im sort of scared to take the memory up a notch

:S im pretty bad at OC'ing as it is

randomly i cold booted within 1 restart earlier, not sure why but i got a lot of work to do-_-

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
i have not, i just set XMP to run the memory at its peak point, im sort of scared to take the memory up a notch

:S im pretty bad at OC'ing as it is

randomly i cold booted within 1 restart earlier, not sure why but i got a lot of work to do-_-

Why not just save your profile and start over?

You should be able to run with c-states enabled and allow your chip to throttle down speed and vcore at idle. Your board has offset vcore options? I have m-atx version of your board paired with a 3225 so didn't poke around with voltages.

Macgruber

Dec 17, 2005
Why not just save your profile and start over?

You should be able to run with c-states enabled and allow your chip to throttle down speed and vcore at idle. Your board has offset vcore options? I have m-atx version of your board paired with a 3225 so didn't poke around with voltages.

not to be rude but , how would enabling c-states fix the cold boot?

i should of included more information, this computer is on constantly and is constantly having alot of load and memory usage for what i use it for, so its never under 30% cpu and 40% ram usage (on a light day)

the c-states wouldnt help because it is always working and i need that 4.4ghz there within a millisecond so i set it to not throttle

im not sure what offset vcore options is? If it helps ill take a screenshot of the clickbios while in desktop to show

i know youre trying to help me but i dont know where to start or where to finish... but now i am thinking it could be the ram but i honestly dont want to touch the rams voltage

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
not to be rude but , how would enabling c-states fix the cold boot?

i should of included more information, this computer is on constantly and is constantly having alot of load and memory usage for what i use it for, so its never under 30% cpu and 40% ram usage (on a light day)

the c-states wouldnt help because it is always working and i need that 4.4ghz there within a millisecond so i set it to not throttle

im not sure what offset vcore options is? If it helps ill take a screenshot of the clickbios while in desktop to show

i know youre trying to help me but i dont know where to start or where to finish... but now i am thinking it could be the ram but i honestly dont want to touch the rams voltage

With your usage scenario your better off tweaking your current overclock I'd think. Wasn't sure if your overclock style was old school style or guide gone bad. Makes sense now.

Try dropping memory speed down to 1600 and see if it helps cold boot issue.

Macgruber

Dec 17, 2005
With your usage scenario your better off tweaking your current overclock I'd think. Wasn't sure if your overclock style was old school style or guide gone bad. Makes sense now.

Try dropping memory speed down to 1600 and see if it helps cold boot issue.

as much as i want to try this, it feels like it would defeat the purpose of me buying PC-15000 1866mhz ram no? :(

shouldnt i have no problem running this memory as stock? and if dropping it to 1600 is the solution then how would i go about fixing to keep the memory functioning at its stock?

Ty very much for the help btw ;D~

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
as much as i want to try this, it feels like it would defeat the purpose of me buying PC-15000 1866mhz ram no? :(

shouldnt i have no problem running this memory as stock? and if dropping it to 1600 is the solution then how would i go about fixing to keep the memory functioning at its stock?

Ty very much for the help btw ;D~

Reducing memory speed is for trouble shooting purposes. Not saying you can't run at spec once your stable.

Macgruber

Dec 17, 2005
bent cpu socket pins on mobo?

i wouldnt think, only few months at use and im real anal when it comes to putting the pc together, every screw perfect, wire, anti static gear and no dust allowed in room ^^

now setting up settings inside the PC is another story :( lol

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Bent cpu socket pins would mean the mobo probably wouldnt boot at all, not have cold boot issues. Bent cpu socket pins can kill a mobo, trust me, ive done it.

I have cold boot issues sometimes with my mobo too. I run a Asus P8Z68-V LX with an i5-2500k and every once in a while, I boot up and the shit just sits at a black screen. I have to hit the reset key like 2-3 times before it finally starts going. Its weird. Its not a huge issue since it eventually starts going but.....A little annoying. First mobo ive had that issue with. Not really sure where the issue stems from. Seems like many people with varying mobos get that issue though.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Bad/intermittent SATA connection? Maybe got bumped around during H100 install?

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Cold boot issues are normally to do with when the voltage and clock speed are applied. Using offset voltage can help as it allows it to scale down with the lower clock speed and on some motherboards there is a reset clock speed option as well that can help improve cold boot.

I am surprised water has made any real difference, but I have certainly had motherboards that were unreliable starting with a heavy overclock. Normally backing off a notch is all it takes to make the machine stable.

Macgruber

Dec 17, 2005
Bad/intermittent SATA connection? Maybe got bumped around during H100 install?

i wish man, im flawless at installing components, im just bad at configuring the settings.

i reset everything in bios and after few hours seems cold boot is coming from mobo not liking ram at xmp 1866mhz

makes me feel cheated i bought 1866 pc15000 ram and now i have to run it as pc12000 1600 which i didnt buy thinking the 1866 would be so "leet' :p

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
not the first post I've seen complaining that higher-speed Corsair RAM does reach advertised specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.