The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alpra

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
That's a lot of drugs. Abuse of prescription drugs...shame. Wonder if his doctor is going to get railed on this one.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
At the risk of sounding uncaring my first though is DAAAMN. I mean come on, wtf are you thinking takin multiple benzodiazapenes and opiates at the same time, those all depress your system and when added together they probably multiply the effect, thats just asking for something bad to happen. I mean why not jsut add alcohol as another depressant and end it even quicker. So sad and yet so stupid :(.

EDIT: and in the story it says he was on sleeping pills too, was he TRYING to kill himself, because he sure went out and took every single depressant in the books.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Is it possible to take all of that accidentally? I'm not being a smartass, I really don't know.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: paulxcook
Is it possible to take all of that accidentally? I'm not being a smartass, I really don't know.

Do you think taking that many pills could be "Accidental".. prescribed or not, in my right mind I wouldn't pop that many (key phrase being "in my right mind")

Honestly if those were all prescribed to him by his doctor I hope his license is pulled.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Unfortunately, a lot of people like him see multiple doctors in different cities who will all prescribe him something without really checking what else he's already on. Leads to very dangerous combinations.

Not saying that's what happened here, but its certainly possible that he didn't even realize how much he was putting into his system.

Jun 19, 2004
Jesus that's a fucking combo of drugs. He obviously wasn't thinking of his daughter while taking that many meds.

TheTony

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2005

If he had valid prescriptions for them all (sounds like that may be the case) and took them at the suggested doses, I suppose it could be considered acceidental.

I'd have to agree about the wisdom of allowing that mix of prescriptions (by his doctor). Wonder if they didn't want to say no to a public figure rather than playing it safe.

Jun 19, 2004

By accidental they mean it wasn't a suicide. Essentially he took that much medication thinking his body could handle it and his body said otherwise.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
It is entirely possible to have that many drugs for legitimate medical reasons that all make sense, but if you were prescribed all those drugs I am sure the doctor doing so would explain which ones could be taken at what times and in what doses. Certainly no doctor would tell you to take all these together, but if you took the sleeping pills at night, and the anxiety OR pain pills during the day then you would be OK, but taking them ALL together (and likely in excess) is just asking for death.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Originally posted by: clamum
Sounds like a good buzz (sans the sleeping pills).

depends what you mean by "buzzed", those sorts of pills just knock you out. Taking the anti anxiety pills + opiates would be sort of like not being able to feal pain either physical or mental, also they would make you very tired (and depress you breathing and maybe kill you).

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Citrix
oxycodone??? wow docs just give that out candy dont they.

No way. CELEB doctors hand that out like candy. Regular doctors for regular people who rip you a new one if you asked for it.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: JS80

No way. CELEB doctors hand that out like candy. Regular doctors for regular people who rip you a new one if you asked for it.

That's because being a celebrity is hard.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

yea im curious to why he had them, if it was a valid Px WTF was it for, i asked my dad once who happens to be a Doc why it was given out for and his responce was "almost nothing" and that i was mainily used in house and you had to be in some serious bad shape to be given a Px for it

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

You're assuming he got it from a doctor.

*edit - Read further into the article, looks like it was from a doctor.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: BrownTown
Originally posted by: clamum
Sounds like a good buzz (sans the sleeping pills).

depends what you mean by "buzzed", those sorts of pills just knock you out. Taking the anti anxiety pills + opiates would be sort of like not being able to feal pain either physical or mental, also they would make you very tired (and depress you breathing and maybe kill you).
Depends on how many of which one you take. How about a 70/30 mix of opiates/benzodiazepines? DECENT.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Jesus that's a fucking combo of drugs. He obviously wasn't thinking of his daughter while taking that many meds.

Thats what I thought at first, but how good can your judgement be if you are only getting 2 hours of sleep a night at most? I feel bad for what he was going through.... I cant imagine not being abl to sleep...

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Based on your posts that is sort of ironic.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Originally posted by: buck

Thats what I thought at first, but how good can your judgement be if you are only getting 2 hours of sleep a night at most? I feel bad for what he was going through.... I cant imagine not being abl to sleep...

yeah well taking all those drugs will damn sure put you to sleep, only question is whether or not you wake up...

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Damn, I took 1 hydrocdone and 1 Alprazolam the other day. (after I sprained my ankle)

I'm glad I woke up.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
he was having trouble sleeping, and he put himself out for good. :(

i don't think it was intentional either. he probably didn't think about the possible implications.

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004
I think whoever prescribed all of those to him is partly responsible. Obviously people tend to think their doctor is right and if in a deep depression and having trouble sleeping, might not think about what mixing the drugs might do (kill him, for example). It's sad.