Banned
May 21, 2002
Maybe they could stay there.

Nah. The Brits wouldn't have them.

From the NY Times/AP.

The Bushes Plan to Visit Britain
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: September 26, 2003

LONDON, Sept. 25 ? President Bush is to visit Britain in November, Buckingham Palace said today. He and his wife, Laura, are to stay at the palace during the state visit, on Nov. 19 to 21.

Prime Minister Tony Blair's office said it regarded the visit as an "important opportunity to deepen our close relationship with a close international partner."

Mr. Blair's government is fighting accusations that it exaggerated the threat posed by Saddam Hussein to justify going to war. Antiwar campaigners promised to stage demonstrations during Mr. Bush's visit.

"Millions of Britons who opposed the war which George Bush dragged us into will be horrified at this news and believe the invitation should be rescinded immediately," said Andrew Murray, chairman of the Stop the War Coalition.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Yay, finally my chance to kill Bush!

(joke Mods :p)

I wonder if there will be any protests when he comes over (not protests about him coming over, protests about Iraq)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Maybe they can take in Paris while they are in the general vicinity!

The two could probably take Paris.

Wasn't that the kind of attitude that led to the current crisis?

Had the Japanese continued on after Pearl Harbor to our west coast Americans wouldn't be so smug about having two oceans protecting them.

I hope another member of the Bush administration makes another remark along those lines publicly so Chirac can tell Bush to keep kissing his A$$.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Lonyo

I wonder if there will be any protests when he comes over (not protests about him coming over, protests about Iraq)

Hey that's a pretty funny one! Try that at the airport some time, they love a good joke.

Jan 12, 2003

011-44-171-499-9000

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

011-44-171-499-9000
Are you giving PhillyTIM Lonyo's number?

:beer: