The Bush Legacy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Bumrush99
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: eskimospy
Just because a court makes a ruling you don't agree with doesn't mean that its "activist". That crap gets spewed out by the right every time they get an adverse ruling and I'd rather the left not follow their lead.</end quote></div>

I never said I disagreed with the rulings. Activism, when it comes to the courts has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with the decision. It involves courts taking precedents, which are used to create laws, and overturning them, especially in cases where multiple rulings have cemented the precedent. Both LIBERAL and CONSERVATIVE courts have exhibited political leanings that supersede precedents, which can only mean sweeping reforms if the current court stays in place, reforms that will overturn years of liberal leaning precedents that have been in place for many years

Actually, courts (in theory, at least) only interpret laws, not create them. The difference is huge, and that's why the framers of the Constitution limited the Supreme Court to only considering current cases and controversies, and gave them no authority to issue statements of judicial opinion on matters not currently before them.

Regarding precedent, the Roberts Court is hardly the first to (allegedly) show low regard for it, despite what the NY Times tells you.

Termagant

Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: senseamp
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ElFenix
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: senseamp
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ElFenix
wouldn't today's decision be more like de-activist in comparison to the activist court of the 1960s/70s?</end quote></div>

Yes, school desegregation was such an activist decision :roll:
</end quote></div>

no, but forced busing sure as hell was.</end quote></div>

I know it hurts you to see black kids leave the ghetto.

It does hurt me. Because they are exporting their ***** ghetto culture and the results of poor home life.

Oct 30, 2004
I think Bush will also be remembered, not merely for being the Worst President in American History, but also for having allowed and encouraged the transformation of the United States into a third world country to dramatically accelerate during his administration.

Another interesting part of his legacy, is:

How will the disaster of the Bush Presidency affect the future and the election prospects of the Republican Party? Will the Republicans end up being saddled with Bush around their neck like an albatross? "Vote Republican and you get Bush and Nixon."

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
I think Bush will also be remembered, not merely for being the Worst President in American History, but also for having allowed and encouraged the transformation of the United States into a third world country to dramatically accelerate during his administration.

you moonbats are just so cute :p

over exaggeration and lunacy for the win!