the Bush Administration has hired 150 Regent graduates and with most of these lawyers are employed by the Department of

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Are these people really qualified or are they hired to promote their Christian Faith?

Pat Robertsons School
Regent Law seeks men and women who are dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ.

How a 'fourth tier' religious law school infiltrated the US Government

In a recent Regent newsletter, a 2004 graduate provided a revealing snapshot of how the Church-State divide may have been crossed. Describing his interview for a position with the Civil Rights Division, the student was asked which Supreme Court decision of the past 20 years he found most objectionable. He cited Lawrence v Kansas, the gay civil rights case in which the Justices decided to invalidate the Kansas sodomy statute. The interviewer readily agreed, and said he found the decision ?maddening?. Thereupon, the correct-thinking Regent alumnus received an appointment to the housing section of the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department, the only job offer he received on graduation.

More
http://www.boston.com/news/edu..._christian_law_school/

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
They are hired on the assumption they have been brainwashed a particular way would be my guess.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Hiring based on that criteria is maddeningly and, more importantly, woefully inadequate based on accepted hiring standards. Yikes.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Damn it double post

A double post with no comment about the topic. Criticize it, defend it or what ever, at least keep it about the topic!

Anandtech Senior Moderator

Red Dawn

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: dahunan
Are these people really qualified or are they hired to promote their Christian Faith?

Pat Robertsons School
Regent Law seeks men and women who are dedicated to becoming Christian leaders who will change the world for Christ.

How a 'fourth tier' religious law school infiltrated the US Government

In a recent Regent newsletter, a 2004 graduate provided a revealing snapshot of how the Church-State divide may have been crossed. Describing his interview for a position with the Civil Rights Division, the student was asked which Supreme Court decision of the past 20 years he found most objectionable. He cited Lawrence v Kansas, the gay civil rights case in which the Justices decided to invalidate the Kansas sodomy statute. The interviewer readily agreed, and said he found the decision ?maddening?. Thereupon, the correct-thinking Regent alumnus received an appointment to the housing section of the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department, the only job offer he received on graduation.

More
http://www.boston.com/news/edu..._christian_law_school/

Sounds like affirmative action to me.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Is anyone surprised? In Iraq the U.S. was asking potential American employees what they thought of Roe v. Wade.
And surprisingly, even taxicab drivers in the US could get critical US jobs in Iraq if they answered that question.....well,......you can guess how.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Was it not a women from the white house that admitted she was told to hire certain people for justice even though it is against the law.
So it seems this is old news, but i doubt anybody will be charged as Bush would just give them a get out of jail card for keeping their mouth shut.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its my understanding the the push to hire Regent grads really started when one of them found a job in human relations directly tied to hiring.

Thereafter, a Regent on the resume gets all the referrals. And for the Cheney's law type people in the DOJ, Regent types will do anything without questioning God's will. As Monica
Goodling so aptly demonstrated.

Once we concede that Regent Grads tend to be a pretty unqualified bunch, the question becomes, how long will it take to purge them from the system? The new AG who is likely going to be Mukasey can start the purge if he wants and a new President is likely to totally reshuffle all political appointee type DOJ jobs. But in the end, the left over Regent dentrus
is too likely to be with DOJ jobs protected by civil service type rules. And then, unless they are grossly in competent, they can't be fired.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
They are hired on the assumption they have been brainwashed a particular way would be my guess.

If you can't change the constitution then stack the deck with people who will interpret it the way you want it interpreted.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I guess it would really tick you off if you found out the US Govt hires a lot of Mormons from BYU??

NaughtyGeek

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

If you can't change the constitution then stack the deck with people who will interpret it the way you want it interpreted.

Yup. But, one of these "unqualified" job recipients is going to be the string that unravels the nest when he/she realizes they can make their career by exposing everything that's been going on behind closed doors.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
When I was in the Army during the 90's a lot of 'lifers' where working on degrees from Regents and Vincennes Universities. At the time I had no idea of Regents affiliation.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Repost...

So we should not get re reminded of GOP mis deed spin but its perfectly OK for you and your crowd to post and repost and repost past democratic misdeeds spin to the point of total overkill and way beyond.

Quite frankly Non Prof John, given your numerous OP thread starting posts, "repost", is a term you can't use with a straight face.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Repost...

Out of sight out of mind..

They gave the unqualified jobs so they would not have the brainpower to argue or disagree with what their masters told them to do.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Please stop posting embarrassing and indefensible aspects about the Bush administration that i happen to agree with

Fixed

wetech

Jul 16, 2002
Originally posted by: techs
Is anyone surprised? In Iraq the U.S. was asking potential American employees what they thought of Roe v. Wade.
And surprisingly, even taxicab drivers in the US could get critical US jobs in Iraq if they answered that question.....well,......you can guess how.

any source on this?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: piasabird
I guess it would really tick you off if you found out the US Govt hires a lot of Mormons from BYU??

If someone was specifically hiring them because they were Mormons from BYU, yes.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: wetech
Originally posted by: techs

any source on this?

Here's one blog entry on the topic:

link

Google should find info.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Damn it double post

A double post with no comment about the topic. Criticize it, defend it or what ever, at least keep it about the topic!

Anandtech Senior Moderator

Red Dawn

Originally posted by: Lemon law
Repost...

So we should not get re reminded of GOP mis deed spin but its perfectly OK for you and your crowd to post and repost and repost past democratic misdeeds spin to the point of total overkill and way beyond.

Quite frankly Non Prof John, given your numerous OP thread starting posts, "repost", is a term you can't use with a straight face.

Zing Zing :thumbsup:

This is just lock and step with the "Faith based initiatives" which is a cornerstone of this administration.