Question The Brushed Aluminum Thread: Lian-Li Edition

root_user

Aug 23, 2022
This thread is designed for fans of the "good old days" when Lian-Li made innovative cases with the famous brushed aluminum. (Infamous, depending on who you ask)

Feel free to drop pics and/or share your experiences with these cases.

My system is housed in a PC-K7B. I also have a couple of PC-A05's in the garage somewhere.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Sadly after a lot of haranguing I finally disposed of my Lian Li PC-A70S, loved that case but it was just taking up space but I gave it to a friend who is restoring it for resale.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I have the Lian-Li PC-V1000LA that I bought in 2016 to duty as my home server. It's an E-ATX case. Although it's open air, it's fairly quiet (with Noctua fans). The loudest part of it is the 8 spinners doing their thing. Love it!

hgw4R8J.jpg

OjZXewy.jpg

Q2uCsbi.jpg

ngYyKI9.jpg

Last edited:

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I was actually never a fan of most of the raw aluminum cases. Though I do really like the MacPro looking one, its just way too large for my liking.

I would like to see an aluminum O11 case. It would shave so much weight off.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I was actually never a fan of most of the raw aluminum cases. Though I do really like the MacPro looking one, its just way too large for my liking.

I would like to see an aluminum O11 case. It would shave so much weight off.

I never liked those either, they look generic. The V cases (Mac style) were fantastic though. I always wanted one but didn't have the budget for it back then, and got a CM Stacker instead.

Reactions: bigboxes

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have a full tower Lian-Li PC-2100b (think it is a "plus II") around somewhere in storage still. I didn't want to ditch it as at least at the time, it was still a very good case, but I just didn't need that many hard drives in it (and especially not now after getting a dedicated storage server). Given it was a full tower it was really light, but incredibly well constructed. If it had 140mm fans, I think it would still be an excellent case even in today's market for someone who wants/needs a lot of hard drives (or water cooling if when redesigning the front lower fans for 140mm made certain there was mounting for a 280mm radiator since there is plenty of room for a nice reservoir and pump just removing one of the sets of hard drive slots (which are removable).

I did extensive sound dampening to mine, adding a 1/3" thick sheet of neoprene/butal rubber to the side panels, and up to several inches of foam on top of that where there were voids in the case, including the front door to help deaden any/all vibration and baffle most of the fans, drasticly cutting down on the noise from the system. I wonder if a 3090 or a 4080 would fit in there....