Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
So I just finished watching the first episode and I'm just not feeling it like I did when I started watching mando. Maybe it has to grow on me. How are you perceiving it? Lots of unexplained things going on here.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
well, we had this in the official movie/tv thread but....
I didnt love it. Once again we waste time establishing the heroes origin story when I'd prefer a plot and a story and some sort of direction.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Not as good as Mando. Boba Fett is more interesting when there is something mysterious about him. Its funny, the documentary on Boba Fett also now available on Disney+ basically establishes why the character was so popular, and what they did to the character via the prequels and now this completely takes away from what made him so popular to begin with. Now he is just another character with plot armor.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Episode 2 was a little better. There was definitely a better story/event.

I think that's the problem with episode 1...it was setting up precedent that Boba was tough enough to survive, but they didn't have time to do that and include more of a mission.

Reactions: Pohemi and dank69

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
1 or 2 eps in and people are already bashing it here? Tough crowd, lol.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
1 or 2 eps in and people are already bashing it here? Tough crowd, lol.
It's decent enough but they are just retelling the last samurai for part of the story and the current timeline makes you wonder where any of his actual power is to be the boss.

Reactions: Pohemi

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
So far the series has been pretty generic (Disney going "safe" as expected).

The 2nd episode was better than the 1st, but the story was anything but original.

Basically a retailing of the the U.S.'s western expansion, trains with passengers shooting things for fun, and then Boba going on a vision quest while tripping balls.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
That chase scene in the latest episode was very rough and it seemed just like the assassination attempt where they slowed everything down a ton.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I like the parts with the Tusken Raiders. The other parts are very meh. Basically, those parts show the previously most badass Star Wars character looking old & feeble, and constantly getting his ass kicked. I'm having difficulty buying the notion that he's established himself as Jabba's successor just by moving into Jabba's palace and telling everyone who will listen "I'm Jabba's successor." From a narrative standpoint, they should have had a series of Godfather-type scenes establishing this (i.e. Boba ruthlessly eliminating all of his rivals for Jabba's throne). Maybe those parts are yet to come... but for some reason I doubt it's going to happen in the Disney-sanitized version. I read somewhere that the worst thing they could ever do to Boba was have him remove his helmet... I have to agree; the second that happened, all his mystique evaporated - it turns out Boba Fett is just some old guy with a pot belly.

Last edited:

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I like the parts with the Tusken Raiders. The other parts are very meh. Basically, those parts show the previously most badass Star Wars character looking old & feeble, and constantly getting his ass kicked. I'm having difficulty buying the notion that he's established himself as Jabba's successor just by moving into Jabba's palace and telling everyone who will listen "I'm Jabba's successor." From a narrative standpoint, they should have had a series of Godfather-type scenes establishing this (i.e. Boba ruthlessly eliminating all of his rivals for Jabba's throne). Maybe those parts are yet to come... but for some reason I doubt it's going to happen in the Disney-sanitized version. I read somewhere that the worst thing they could ever do to Boba was have him remove his helmet... I have to agree; the second that happened, all his mystique evaporated - it turns out Boba Fett is just some old guy with a pot belly.

You watch your god damn mouth when you speak about Temuera Morrison! He's a saint!

I like the show. Stop being angry nerds.

• Haha

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The show isn't bad, per se, but it isn't great either. Most of the story beats have been pretty predictable and as a whole it doesn't firmly hold my attention. The cyber people and their 50s hot rod speeders giving chase at like 15 mph are pretty lame in particular.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
The show isn't bad, per se, but it isn't great either. Most of the story beats have been pretty predictable and as a whole it doesn't firmly hold my attention. The cyber people and their 50s hot rod speeders giving chase at like 15 mph are pretty lame in particular.
Saw this that I think was appropriate.

95UI2oX.jpg

Reactions: Pohemi and K1052

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Yeah...that seemed completely out of place/style. Like...I don't remember anything even close to that style of clothing at any point in the entirety of Star Wars, including the clubs at the beginning of Attack of the Clones.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I think the droid augmented cyborg millenial gang on Skittles colored speeder bikes just killed this show for me, not even Danny Trejo as a Rancor Keeper can save this hot mess.

Reactions: UNCjigga

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I think the droid augmented cyborg millenial gang on Skittles colored speeder bikes just killed this show for me, not even Danny Trejo as a Rancor Keeper can save this hot mess.
That was fucking horrible. Boba Fett and his emo teenager gang riding around in neon rascal scooters on a low-speed chase across the city. wtf.