The Book of Boba Fett

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
People complaining about the Power Ranger biker gang remember in ROTJ Lucas replaced wookies with little teddy bears to appeal to the kiddies and sell more toys. This kind of thing is as Star Wars as it gets.

And it's possible that nearly dying changed his life outlook and made him more chill. The flashback PTSD dreams support that.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
People complaining about the Power Ranger biker gang remember in ROTJ Lucas replaced wookies with little teddy bears to appeal to the kiddies and sell more toys. This kind of thing is as Star Wars as it gets.

And it's possible that nearly dying changed his life outlook and made him more chill. The flashback PTSD dreams support that.
Did you see how he was in the mandalorian just after getting his armor back?

That was shortly before the current timeline as there is a 5 year gap between when the flashback started and the current time.

How he was then is what people expected and we got this Boba just a short time later.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
So is there a reason he was looking for his armor in the sarlacc pit when it was the jawa's that took it off him unless when he woke up and they knocked him out it made him forget?

It was nice to see the blood feud between the Wookies and Trandoshans still going at it.

Last edited:

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
So is there a reason he was looking for his armor in the sarlacc pit when it was the jawa's that took it off him unless when he woke up and they knocked him out it made him forget?

It was nice to see the blood feud between the Wookies and Trandoshans still going at it.

I was scratching my head at that as well.. I can only assume he forgot.. otherwise he did it so we could see slave1 vs the sarlacc

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001

He's right, you know. Boba Fett used to be a badass bounty hunter. Now he's a middle aged politician.

The dreams of my inner child have been crushed.

A show like Cobra Kai is an example you can bring back an older character from the 80's like Johnny Lawrence and still make them a badass. If that show was given the Disney+ reboot treatment, Johnny would have been a tax accountant living in Idaho or something.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Meh, it’s not quite that bad, but it’s fair to say that Mando has more fans than Boba at this point (and Django was definitively the best Fett.)

I like the show’s pacing because it really lets you take in the scenery around Mos Espa and the Dune Sea. It’s a good way to unwind from a long day with a stiff drink or your choice of cannabinoids. But I do feel like this is a stopgap fan-service season before the Mandalorian picks back up and Obi Wan drops. Basically, it’s Disney pushing mindless content so you keep up with your subscription.

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
So did they accidently air an early episode of Mandalorian season 3 instead of the normal series?

I am guessing baby yoda is getting a beskar ball like from the razor crest it loved unless all the rings they showed it's going to be a tiny suit of chain mail.

Last edited:

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
So did they accidently air an early episode of Mandalorian season 3 instead of the normal series?

I am guessing baby yoda is getting a beskar ball like from the razor crest it loved unless all the rings they showed it's going to be a tiny suit of chain mail.

Snap15.jpg
https://newsexpressus.com/news/ente...ained-naboo-starfighter-podracer-connections/No, it's an episode that follows after season 2. He visits Tatooine so he can get a replacement for his starfighter, visited by Shand to be recruited as muscle/help Boba Fett, with plans to visits Grogu.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
ok now that was good

The best episode of Boba Fett had no Boba in it. LOL.

Also, for those bemoaning how soft Boba’s become, Mando going darksaber berserker in a meat locker in the first 5 minutes should put to rest any debate over who wears the armor better!

• Haha
Reactions: Kaido

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
This series seems to have a lot of trains in it. Did any other Star Wars instance have trains?

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Solo was literally a train heist Western in space.
I'm not trying to cut down the newer movies too bad, but I meant like real Star Wars movies. All those vehicles were space-ships, speeders, or rustic ground-crawling war machines. I just didn't remember any trains.

It's just funny to see the scene where Mando is in the city and a train was passing when the other vehicles were different. Makes me wonder who the writer is that keeps adding that element.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Seeing Mando made me realize how much I miss Mando.

Season 3 now plz

I whacked myself on accident multiple times with a broom growing up, pretending it was a lightsaber - always wondered what would happened if you slipped in Star Wars & hit yourself. Welp, guess we know now lol.