The Best Star Trek Captain and Series

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muerto

Golden Member
Dec 26, 1999
TNG and Picard were the best by far...no questions asked. Don't even try it!!

Although I did like the last few seasons of DS9. It's about damn time the Federation had a war! Less yapin more zapin is what I say!

Voyager has improved since it started but it can't hold a candle to TNG.

Lock phasers on anyone who disagrees with me!!!!!

DarkKnight113

Feb 4, 2000
I half-way agree with you Muerto.

It's about damn time the Federation had a war! Less yapin more zapin is what I say!

That's exactly what I don't like about Voyager. Talk, talk, talk...crappy love stories and boring "don't fight, we come in peace" junk. I would have to say Picard is the best captain, although Sisko comes in a very close second. TNG is the best overall series, but DS9 kicked some @$$ during the last couple seasons in their war with the Dominion. They should do more stuff like that on Voyager and then maybe it would be a better show.

MisterM

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks, WombatWoman! :)

dennilfloss:

I agree, I just loved those Shadow ships, and the scream they did!

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
I couldn't stand Babble-On 5. Of course, when it first started out they have $100,000 budget per episode, compared to STTNG that was around $1 million per episode

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I would say Picard and TNG too.

Like some said previously, DS9 got REALLY interesting in the last 2 seasons... but even in those last eposides, I really didn't like Sisko much (i liked him better then the earlier seasons, but not as much as Picard or Janeway).

Some Aussie said earlier that he/she haven't seen the last season yet because it hasn't reached them (DS9).. you can download the eposides from the web... most are in Divx, and the quality is decent (some ARE horrible though)... so if you have a fast connection it might be worth it to download them.

http://www.download.at/dominioncf
http://www.trekcenter.de/

i'm sure there are more, those are the ones i was looking at a bit earlier.

Rebels7

Mar 5, 2000
Kirk, & the Original Star Trek series. I was around when this series first appeared on TV and I could hardly wait to see it every week. I guess this is why I am partial to this series!!!:)

RaDragon

Diamond Member
May 23, 2000
Janeway's pretty kewl... I like all the Trek captains though -- they're all cool!! :D