The Best Star Trek Captain and Series

sov05

May 7, 2000
Picard and TNG all around.
However, the last 2 seasons of Ds9 were FAB.
The first 5 sucked but the last 2 were nice.

So for the best 2 seasons DS9 and Sisko5
Overall Picard with TNG

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Picard was the best. TOS had so many gems and a lot of duds too.
It seems with DS9 and Voyager, they compensated for the poor writing by using makeup. Every race they run into seems to be a makeup artists attempt at amazing the audience. I would prefer they fire the makeup people and hire better writers.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Picard is the best captain (Kirk would mate with a female monkey if it wasn't in a cage); TNG is the best series

DS9 sucks ass
Voyager blows goat balls
TOS is funny at times

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
early episodes of STTNG were very lame. Later on it got better. Voyager is ok with 6 of 9...errr 7 of 9

Earth, final conflict, another Gene Roddenberry creation, PUKE

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Picard & STNG were the best.

I liked DS9 from about season 4 on and the only thing that I like about Voyager is 7 or 9 ;)

Cheers,
Aquaman

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
No question in my mind about the best series: definitely TNG.

Best captain? I would say Kirk is overly sloppy and emotional; Picard is too dryly intellectual;
Janeway is in a state of perpetual PMS. Ben Sisko is the best captain.

MisterM

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Picard and TNG all the way, but I haven`t seen the final season of DS9 yet (I`m living in Austria - nuff` said! ;)).
Anyone got an link to a page with good summarys of the newest Voyager/DS9 episodes? :) I`m to lazy to search for one. :eek:

HardTech

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
another vote for Picard and his TNG crew. Even though there have only been 3 movies with the TNG cast, those three are still extremely well made, especially First Contact.

I will make them PAY for what they've done.

now THAT was acting

sov05

May 7, 2000
NFS4

You honestly thought DS9 during the last 2 seasons sucked?

The character and plot arcs were pure genious at times.

The Series Finale sucked but surely not the last 2 seasons.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
Picard, ST:TNG. Incredible cast on that show.

I like Voyager too, but I don't care much for the captain on that one.

Sisko, and the rest of the clowns on DS9 just sucked. Although, Avery Brooks is a pretty respectable guy outside the work he's done on Star Trek.

TOS defined a new genre of television: the intelligent sci-fi show. But it was surpassed in every way by ST:TNG.

AaronP

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
Kirk - TOS.

All you TNG lovers are just young punks. when you grow up, you'll change your ways.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
the movies(with the crew of STTNG) they have made for the most part have stunk. Insurrection was the only one I felt as if I wasnt watching a 2 hour episode of STTNG.

The early episodes of STTNG had very poor acting. It improved as it progressed.

DS9 got good the last few seasons with the Dominion.

Voyager isnt that bad.

TOS are classics of their own kind, and cannot even be classed in the same class as STTNG/Voyager/DS9. TOS defined the tv genre for space shows

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
Picard is the best Captain by far. Kirk was a cheeseball. TNG is also the best series, because in addition to the special effects and technology being better, the writing is much better than every other ST series.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
There've been a million of these threads lately.. but no harm in posting again.

I like the original series and The Next Generation, everything else was pretty crappy. I admit, the early TNG episodes didn't have the best acting, but they were still ok to watch, and it got much better as time went on. The original series just kicked ass :)

I love Kirk's interrupted manner of speech... it's funny! :D:p

I liked the TNG episodes with the Borg, and any other where there was alot of action, and not a bunch of soap-opera type stuff. Voyager is too soap-opera-ish.. I mean COME ON, Janegay falling in love with some stupid holodude? That's pathetic! That entire episode sucked.. the only thing that happened is they flew through some nebula while they screwed around in the holodeck - woohoo, what an episode.. not.

DS9 was crappy IMO. There were some good episodes, but I find the bad ones out-weigh the good ones, unfortunately. Again, when there's alot of battle, etc, it's not so bad :)

-RSI

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Kirk, & the Original Star Trek series.

A cross between Wagon Train and Horatio Hornblower, the original series blazed the trail, then established the audience and the market, for the successive ST series.

Star Trek without Kirk is like Christianity without Jesus.

The Wildcard

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 1999
Hmm that would have to be Picard as my favorite captain. And my favorite series would have to be DS9. Although the first like 4 seasons sucked, it really startred to turn around with the introdcution of the Domnion, the Defiant and the WAR. Sisko comes close to being my favorite captain, but he just ain't as resourceful and slick as Picard is at any situation, including fighting.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
I liked the TNG episodes with the Borg, and any other where there was alot of action, and not a bunch of soap-opera type stuff. Voyager is too soap-opera-ish.. I mean COME ON, Janegay falling in love with some stupid holodude? That's pathetic! That entire episode sucked.. the only thing that happened is they flew through some nebula while they screwed around in the holodeck - woohoo, what an episode.. not.

The producers of ST:V go out to their way to grab some more female viewers, hence the increased romantic cr@p on the show. Unfortunatly, they fail miserably at it, because Star Trek writers are known for writing cerebral stuff, not romantic stuff. When they failed to develop any chemistry between the captain and the first mate, they brought in this Irish holodeck character.

What I loved about ST:TNG is the surprise plot twists that they always had. Like on the episode "Ship In a Bottle". Damn that was good show :)

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'd have to say TNG with Pocard on this one. Patrick Stewart jsut kicks ass. Plus when I was younger and was watching reruns of TOS I thought to myself....wouldn't it be cool if they had this show but with up to date special effects? Then a few monthst later TNG came out :)

Heifetz

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Picard was definately the best because TNG had the best writing of all the existing star trek series. But I've been watching Voyager re-runs for the past couple weeks and I'm beginning to like it more and more. Seven of 9 is definately hot in that show.

Heifetz

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Star Trek without Kirk is like Christianity without Jesus.

UG, I laughed so hard that lemonade came up my nose when I read this. I do see some similarity between Picard and the stiff-necked, rather humourless Apostle Paul...

catseye

Jan 15, 2000
You even hate little Alien Gonzales?

Picard was the best because he clearly has mastered his craft. It would be a pleasure just to see him act in a commercial.

The best series it TOS. Spock, Bones and Scotty somehow manage to come off as more interesting than thier counterparts on TNG.

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
You don't need a bunch of special effects, you need good writing. TOS and TNG had the best. DS9 was good sometimes. Voyager is just a disappointment. 7 of 9 is good, way better addition to the show than Kess.

In a way, I feel bad for the younger crowd because piss poor shows are really all you get. Maybe a lot of eye candy and pc laughs.
Shows like Twilight Zone are way beyond anything today. Meeting of Minds with Steve Allen was a great idea, The Prisoner...etc. You have to look hard today. It seems most modern fare does all the thinking for you and is packaged in a format that most people like. Guess that's why I don't watch much except specials and sports. And even sports is getting bad.