The best PSU from a brand you've probably never heard of

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
I'd only heard of Andyson as an OEM for other brands. Checking the database, they've made units for: Aerocool, Akasa, Club3D, Cougar, Gigabyte, Hiper, In-Win, LC Power, Mukii, Mushkin, Raidmax, Recom, Tacens, Ultra, Vantec, Visiontek, Xigmatek, Xilence, and Zalman.

So they're not exactly a small player, and it's not surprising that they have the experience and resources to make a top performing unit if they really want to. Good idea to release it self branded because none of the brands above have a particularly high reputation for releasing quality power supplies.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Still think it's stupid to deduct points for a non-modular PCIE cable on a 700W PSU. Anyone buying 700W PSU will be using at least one videocard that requires PCIE power cable. If you notice the second PCIE cable is modular. Otherwise nice to see a quality PSU. Although there is no way I'm giving up my 500W fanless rosewill/superflower :)

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Still think it's stupid to deduct points for a non-modular PCIE cable on a 700W PSU. Anyone buying 700W PSU will be using at least one videocard that requires PCIE power cable. If you notice the second PCIE cable is modular. Otherwise nice to see a quality PSU. Although there is no way I'm giving up my 500W fanless rosewill/superflower :)

Modularity is a convenience feature insignificant to the reliability issues.

Last year, I picked up a Rosewill Fortress without any modular cables. At first, I kicked myself, when I tried to use it in an 10-year-old no-frills mid-tower ATX case. I took some time to sort out the wires I needed, untwisted them from the remainder, and proceeded to wire-tie the remainder into a compact bundle so that it fit close to the PSU and secured to the small slotted vent in the rear of the unit. A lot less problem than I'd thought, having sought modular cabling for the most part over the last several years.

I'd heard this brand-name mentioned in the last month or so -- Andyson. If they made units rebadged for RAIDMax, you could wonder how good they really were. I had a RAIDMax back in 2003: gliltzy aluminum case, but a total P-O-S for longevity and not tightly within all the voltage tolerances.

But what does that mean for Andyson today? Or for a "Titanium-rated" unit such as the review item?

Valantar

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2014
Hm, if they sold this series in Europe I'd definitely consider getting one for my next upgrade. Oh well.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Being a regular reader of Jonnyguru for a long time I've heard the name and seen a couple branded PSU's before.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
So where do they actually sell these things? The listed MSRP is amazing for such a unit!

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Here's Techpowerup's review of the same unit:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Andyson/Titanium_N700/

Not a huge fan of this fan curve:
fan_speed.jpg

Plenty of 650-750W units two efficiency tiers below it have a much gentler fan curve, some even have fanless operation up to about 300W and full RPM only after about 70% load. E.g:

Last edited:

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Interestingly their product page shows a different fan profile:

Fan-RPM-v.s-Load-2.jpg

Still, with Titanium efficiency I bet they could've pulled off a fanless 600W unit, maybe even 700W.