The best part of "AI" was the teddy bear.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Rented the movie last night. I think that teddy bear kicks butt, plus it's clear that in the future kids will have bears like that. I wish I was a kid so I could play with one. The thing was cute :D

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah teddy is cool, but so is the whole damned movie :p

I wouldn't mind one of those bears :D Sounds like a new "mans best friend" to me

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Ah the truth comes out Skoorb has a thing for stuffed animals :D

The movie was alright but was ripped apart by critics. Best Buy wanted $19.99 for the movie.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Call me cynical, but for me the best part of the movie was leaving the theater when it was over.

I was, shall we say, less than impressed. :)

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
I also rented AI last night and I thought the movie was okay. I also though Teddy was cool and I sorta felt bad for it at the end of the movie, as nobody was left for him to play with.

What do you think of the ending where only mecha walked the face of the earth?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<< I would like an A.I. Gigolo Jude Law :Q >>

It was his slick hairdo and MC Hammer pants that got you, right?

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
<< I would like an A.I. Gigolo Jude Law >>

I think it was because he could go all night and has a huge 24 inch retractable........

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<< << I would like an A.I. Gigolo Jude Law >>

I think it was because he could go all night and has a huge 24 inch retractable........
>>

LOL I forgot about that part.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001

<< << I would like an A.I. Gigolo Jude Law >>

>>

:eek:;)

Uhh 777php, how do you know how many inches in the first place? :Q;)

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
It's Gigolo Joe...whadda ya know? ;) j/k

Well you take the angle of his jawline multiplied by his height inversed. Take the square root of that number and divide by the length of his forearm to the second power. After applying the principal of duality and following Trakhtenbrot's theorem you get 24 inches! Don't they teach this kind of stuff anymore?

AaronP

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
Call me cynical, but for me the best part of the movie was leaving the theater when it was over.

at least I didn't get snuckered in. The best part for me was closing media player!

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001

<< It's Gigolo Joe...whadda ya know? ;) j/k

Well you take the angle of his jawline multiplied by his height inversed. Take the square root of that number and divide by the length of his forearm to the second power. After applying the principal of duality and following Trakhtenbrot's theorem you get 24 inches! Don't they teach this kind of stuff anymore?
>>

ROFLMAO!

::furiously takes notes::

;)

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002

<< Call me cynical, but for me the best part of the movie was leaving the theater when it was over.

I was, shall we say, less than impressed. :)
>>

same here

signalman

Oct 9, 1999
I thought the voice of Teddy sounded sort of familiar. I looked it up on IMDB, and Teddy's voice was an actor named Jack Angel. He has also done voices in the animated movies Monsters Inc, Toy Story, The Iron Giant, Balto, Prince of Egypt, Hercules, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid (plus lots of others.) Strange that his voice was so familiar, but probably no one knows his face!

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Teddy was cool, but the movie was overall good. I think everyone is just demanding so much of it. Haley Joel Osben is more talented than an actor than most of these actors out... Jude Law did a really good job also. I enjoyed the movie as did most people, but everyone is putting it down due to overly high expectations.

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Yeah I gotta agree. Haley is a really great actor. Hopefully he will remain "himself" as he grows older and not turn into another Calkin kid! :p

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

<< i didn't like the movie much. i think i had just expected too much from it. :( >>

Me too. Teddy was cool, very cool, but that doens't make the movie any better.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
<< I would like an A.I. Gigolo Jude Law >>

but omg what about that chick? she barely gets screen time but shes in those promotion picts and stuff.. can't figure out her name:(