Review 'The Best NVMe SSD for Laptops and Notebooks: SK hynix Gold P31 1TB SSD Reviewed' - Anandtech

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16012/the-sk-hynix-gold-p31-ssd-review
Even though a close look at recent OEM NVMe SSDs from SK hynix may have tempered the surprise of the Gold P31, it's still an impressive product. It shoots right to the top of my list of recommended SSDs for laptops and finally erases the lingering power efficiency advantage of SATA SSDs, and as a result of that we're giving it one of our coveted Recommended By AnandTech awards.

While very, very late in PCIe 3.0 x4 game, it seems like a really great drive. Solid performance, great in power usage, and a higher TBW warranty compared to many of the competition (such as WD).

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Very interesting. Might consider for my next NVMe SSD.

Currently running some 660p 1TB NVMe from Intel. They're alright, they were, most importantly, cheap, but performance is a bit lacking at 1800/1800MB/s read/write. They're QLC, of course.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
They look decent, but nothing special unless price drops IMO. So long as the system has PCIe 4 available, I would go with a PCIe Gen 4 drive if possible. That said, for older systems and laptops, these could make sense, especially if the price is right.