The Best Metallica Song?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Master of Puppets is by far the best, both the song and the album, though I have mellowed a lot on ...and Justice for All recently, as originally I didn't like it that much. The production is terrible though. It sounds like it was recorded inside a shoebox.

And although I don't like Metallica's post-black album records, I don't really believe they 'sold-out', at least not in the magnitude of bands like, say, U2.

As for bands, I'd say I like Megadeth and Metallica equally, but I don't really like any material created by either band after 1991.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
One is by far the best song seeing live in concert....the fire show is so awesome!

other than that...Enter Sandman, Nothing else Matters, Fuel, For whom the bell tolls all rock as well

EDIT: Apocalyptica has some sweet renditions of Metallica songs as well

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
Originally posted by: F22 Raptor
Originally posted by: Ausm
Checkout Maiden...They have unbelievable talent and one of THE best heavy metal bands ever to grace a stage.

Ausm

Any song suggestions?

Iron Maiden is the fckin best man...

phantom of the opera, the prisoner, the clair voyant, mother russia, wrathchild, rime of the ancient mariner, the trooper, powerslave... just listen to all of it :)

btw, anyone going to any maiden concerts that are coming up? i'll be at the one in irvine :D

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i voted Fuel, but would have voted for Ecstacy of Gold if it had been on the poll

eric cartman made me vote for Slayer

Cruez

Dec 7, 2004
Orion is truly a great Metallica song...

The intro to Damage Inc. is good also... just doesn't fit the rest of the song..

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Cruez

The intro to Damage Inc. is good also... just doesn't fit the rest of the song..

I agree, I like the intro, but the rest of the song isn't that good.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Originally posted by: FoBoT
i voted Fuel, but would have voted for Ecstacy of Gold if it had been on the poll

eric cartman made me vote for Slayer

Fuel? No offense, but have you ever listened to their pre-Black Album records?