The best cd/dvd burning software is...

Shephard

Nov 3, 2012
cdburnerXP! Very underrated program. I use to use junk like Nero and Cyberlink.

I have been using cdburnerXP for about 5 years now. It can do iso's, bootable discs, cd, dvd, blu-ray, etc.

Most of all it's free. It also has a clean interface unlike some of those other crap programs.

Just wanted to share if no one has heard of it.

I don't burn stuff much anymore, but my friend wanted a burnt CD for his car today so I had to install burning software for the first time since I built my new comp. I knew where to go!

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
ImgBurn! Ever burned a coaster with cdburnerXP? I've never burned a coaster with ImgBurn.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
Try burning an Audio or video CD with ImgBurn... LOL

it's a joke

I use Nero 12 Platinum and have always used Nero... the best you can get

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
I do rarely burn CDs/DVDs lately, still using Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 that worked and still works good for me....

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Last edited:

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Nero Burning ROM. Just don't make the mistake of buying their multimedia suite.

There are a lot of very good free solutions so Nero is by no means a "must buy" or anything.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
Although it might seem bloated, I like the fact that if you want to create a DVD disc, all u have to do is drap&drop the video files into the session Window and Nero Video does all the re-encoding for u to make the files playable on any DVD

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Has CDBurnerXP gotten their 64-bit+AHCI compatibility fixed? I liked it, but that was a deal-breaker.

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
Problem with Nero is its so bloated, there are better less bloated paid burning software like Ashampoo Burning Studio 12 ;) .

Best free one probably old version of Ashampoo http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/download-review/1956052/ashampoo-burning-studio-676 or cdburnerXP

Depends on what you consider bloat. Ashampoo would be my second choice and has gotten a lot of new features in the last few years (such as video conversion for DVD compliant discs) and is very inexpensive when it goes on sale, which it frequently does (just subscribe to their newsletter).

Nero has a lot of features and if you don't use them I guess you might consider them bloat. Hell, it even has built-in MP3Pro audio encoding if you wanted to do that. But it has very useful stuff like a fully featured Video Editing program that's supposed to be on par w/ things like Adobe Premier Elements (I haven't used it much b/c I already owned PE elements when I got Nero 11 Platinum). Nero goes on sale once or twice a year for free after rebate or heavily discounted to maybe $10 to $20. If you subscribe to their newsletter they offer an occasional more moderate discount

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Free best is Imgburn .. For paid versions, try PowerISO or UltraISO ... both very good ... Ashampoo is said to also be good, but I never used it. I will no longer suggest Nero as their cost is way too high, software is extremely bloated and transferring it to another computer can be a nightmare. Check out a web site called: giveawayoftheday.com ... they offer a program every day, that in most cases is full or almost full featured. Only drawback is it must installed and activated on the day it comes out and it is not good for further updates. But you can get some very useful programs free that way.

TechnoNinja

Apr 6, 2013
I used to use imgburn before it was called imgburn, dont remember what it was called. Used it when it was able to burn rip copies of video games and movies lol. Now its just crap. Right now i am using nero burning rom 12. Get more info of it here at http://www.hopreviews.com/reviews/nero-burning-rom-12/

I'll test out cdburnerXP and see if it is any good. Always looking to improve. thx

Last edited:

iamgenius

Jun 6, 2008
I don't know when I started using it, but I didn't use any one else since then. It is cdburnerXP. I think it has been 7 years now. It just works!

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Back in the day i used Discjuggler the most because i could burn a disc without a buffer underrun (pre buffer under run prevention technology) but now I have Nero which is so bloated it is hard to use compared to versions 3 & 4 which you could figure out without reading the manual. But then again i am not trying to slipstream service packs into windows discs and then burn them to be bootable like i needed in the past.

But my preferred software is Alcohol 120%.

DirkGently1

Mar 31, 2011
cdburnerXP! Very underrated program. I use to use junk like Nero and Cyberlink.

I have been using cdburnerXP for about 5 years now. It can do iso's, bootable discs, cd, dvd, blu-ray, etc.

Most of all it's free. It also has a clean interface unlike some of those other crap programs.

Just wanted to share if no one has heard of it.

I don't burn stuff much anymore, but my friend wanted a burnt CD for his car today so I had to install burning software for the first time since I built my new comp. I knew where to go!

Could have written that myself for how it reflects my own opinion. It's a very rare occasion that i need to deal with physical media now, but when i do it's cdburnerxp that i use. I still install it just in case i need to burn anything and it's never let me down.