The best cd/dvd burning software is...

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by Shephard, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Shephard

Shephard Senior member

cdburnerXP! Very underrated program. I use to use junk like Nero and Cyberlink.

I have been using cdburnerXP for about 5 years now. It can do iso's, bootable discs, cd, dvd, blu-ray, etc.

Most of all it's free. It also has a clean interface unlike some of those other crap programs.

Just wanted to share if no one has heard of it.

I don't burn stuff much anymore, but my friend wanted a burnt CD for his car today so I had to install burning software for the first time since I built my new comp. I knew where to go!

2. Ken g6

Ken g6 Programming Moderator, Elite Member

ImgBurn! Ever burned a coaster with cdburnerXP? I've never burned a coaster with ImgBurn.

3. berryracer

berryracer Platinum Member

Try burning an Audio or video CD with ImgBurn... LOL

it's a joke

I use Nero 12 Platinum and have always used Nero... the best you can get

4. Gintaras

Gintaras Golden Member

I do rarely burn CDs/DVDs lately, still using Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 that worked and still works good for me....

5. Mem

Mem Lifer

Problem with Nero is its so bloated, there are better less bloated paid burning software like Ashampoo Burning Studio 12 ;) .

Best free one probably old version of Ashampoo http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/download-review/1956052/ashampoo-burning-studio-676 or cdburnerXP

#5 Mem, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  6. Iron Woode

Iron Woode Lifer

Burnaware > CDBurnerXP

7. Soundmanred

Soundmanred Lifer

8. akugami

akugami Diamond Member

Nero Burning ROM. Just don't make the mistake of buying their multimedia suite.

There are a lot of very good free solutions so Nero is by no means a "must buy" or anything.

9. berryracer

berryracer Platinum Member

Although it might seem bloated, I like the fact that if you want to create a DVD disc, all u have to do is drap&drop the video files into the session Window and Nero Video does all the re-encoding for u to make the files playable on any DVD

10. Cerb

Cerb Elite Member

Has CDBurnerXP gotten their 64-bit+AHCI compatibility fixed? I liked it, but that was a deal-breaker.

11. spandexninja

spandexninja Member

12. stargazr

stargazr Platinum Member

13. MontyAC

MontyAC Diamond Member

I use Nero Express or DVDFab. For iso burning I'll use imgburn.

14. OVerLoRDI

OVerLoRDI Diamond Member

Nero lite for audio/video. Or imgburn for everything else.

15. Evander

Evander Golden Member

Depends on what you consider bloat. Ashampoo would be my second choice and has gotten a lot of new features in the last few years (such as video conversion for DVD compliant discs) and is very inexpensive when it goes on sale, which it frequently does (just subscribe to their newsletter).

Nero has a lot of features and if you don't use them I guess you might consider them bloat. Hell, it even has built-in MP3Pro audio encoding if you wanted to do that. But it has very useful stuff like a fully featured Video Editing program that's supposed to be on par w/ things like Adobe Premier Elements (I haven't used it much b/c I already owned PE elements when I got Nero 11 Platinum). Nero goes on sale once or twice a year for free after rebate or heavily discounted to maybe $10 to $20. If you subscribe to their newsletter they offer an occasional more moderate discount

16. bruceb

bruceb Diamond Member

Free best is Imgburn .. For paid versions, try PowerISO or UltraISO ... both very good ... Ashampoo is said to also be good, but I never used it. I will no longer suggest Nero as their cost is way too high, software is extremely bloated and transferring it to another computer can be a nightmare. Check out a web site called: giveawayoftheday.com ... they offer a program every day, that in most cases is full or almost full featured. Only drawback is it must installed and activated on the day it comes out and it is not good for further updates. But you can get some very useful programs free that way.

17. TechnoNinja

TechnoNinja Junior Member

I used to use imgburn before it was called imgburn, dont remember what it was called. Used it when it was able to burn rip copies of video games and movies lol. Now its just crap. Right now i am using nero burning rom 12. Get more info of it here at http://www.hopreviews.com/reviews/nero-burning-rom-12/

I'll test out cdburnerXP and see if it is any good. Always looking to improve. thx

#17 TechnoNinja, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  18. iamgenius

iamgenius Senior member

I don't know when I started using it, but I didn't use any one else since then. It is cdburnerXP. I think it has been 7 years now. It just works!

19. JimKiler

JimKiler Platinum Member

Back in the day i used Discjuggler the most because i could burn a disc without a buffer underrun (pre buffer under run prevention technology) but now I have Nero which is so bloated it is hard to use compared to versions 3 & 4 which you could figure out without reading the manual. But then again i am not trying to slipstream service packs into windows discs and then burn them to be bootable like i needed in the past.

But my preferred software is Alcohol 120%.

20. DirkGently1

DirkGently1 Senior member

Could have written that myself for how it reflects my own opinion. It's a very rare occasion that i need to deal with physical media now, but when i do it's cdburnerxp that i use. I still install it just in case i need to burn anything and it's never let me down.

21. Virgorising

Virgorising Diamond Member

For me, Burn Aware wins hands down. They offer both free and pro versions.
    http://www.burnaware.com/

And for converting and burning vid files, for me, VSOConvertXtoDVD......also wins hands down.