The AT Battlefield Bad Company 2 F.A.Q.

Page 288 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
So I was using the machine gun just fine with the tank the other day, and now I cant? Whats the deal with that? Do I need to use a special pack? I think I tried them all. Arg!

And there is no option in the controls like BF2 to speed up the mouse when in a tank, to move the main turret faster? Only option is to crank up the mouse speed? This cant be right.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
So I was using the machine gun just fine with the tank the other day, and now I cant? Whats the deal with that? Do I need to use a special pack? I think I tried them all. Arg!

And there is no option in the controls like BF2 to speed up the mouse when in a tank, to move the main turret faster? Only option is to crank up the mouse speed? This cant be right.

On your class load out, look at the far right column titled "Perk 3." You need to have the perk "V Alt W" selected (Vehicle Alternate Weapon). On the heavy tank and UAV you get a machine gun, the light tank gets a rocket, and the choppers get a hellfire missile.

There is a program you can download to help you configure mouse speed for infantry, turrets, etc, but I don't have any experience with it because I just change sensitivity on the fly. Maybe another poster can help you out with that.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks. I have a G500, and I can too. But its just annoying. This was an option in BF2 forever ago, I cant understand why its not now.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
alternatively you can always press F2 to swap into the machine gun turret spot if you do not have a passenger, and then press F1 to swap back into the driver/main gun spot when done with the machine gun

On your class load out, look at the far right column titled "Perk 3." You need to have the perk "V Alt W" selected (Vehicle Alternate Weapon). On the heavy tank and UAV you get a machine gun, the light tank gets a rocket, and the choppers get a hellfire missile.

it might seem obvious but I thought I'd specify - by default the main gun is fired with Mouse 1 while the alternate weapon (on the big tanks its a machine gun) is fired with Mouse 2

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
So there is no language filter on this? All I see in the options is being able to turn the dialog volume down. I dont need to hear the constant F bombs, and my kids are around when I play sometimes.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
yeah, I don't know of any

ironically most servers have the bad-word filter (which is overzealous as it will filter out "those rockets hit that tank" as someting like "those rocket*&*^#@hat tank" because it assumes you're tryign to say "shit" and hide it with a space even though its obviously two completely different words) meanwhile we hear the PCs/NPCs constantly swearing :p

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
yeah, I don't know of any

ironically most servers have the bad-word filter (which is overzealous as it will filter out "those rockets hit that tank" as someting like "those rocket*&*^#@hat tank" because it assumes you're tryign to say "shit" and hide it with a space even though its obviously two completely different words) meanwhile we hear the PCs/NPCs constantly swearing :p

Yeah, that's annoying as hell.

There's no language or blood filter. I can't find it but I remember reading FAQ from DICE regarding that.

boozie

Oct 12, 2006
I have a few questions I didn't see answered in the OP. I tried searching the thread, but I'm not about to read through it all. So I come from BF2 many moons ago and have noticed some differences.

Health packs: Are these heals over time or how does this work? I expect to just gobble one up on a drive by but it seems I have to hover over it. Is the longer I hover, the more I am healed or is it hover for X time and get full health?

Health: Is there anyway to see your own health outside of okay I am seeing red, I need health.

G36E: This weapon was a beast of a weapon in BF2, is there a similar gun in BFBC2? I see MG36 on the medic list, but know nothing of the weapons.

Medic Revive: It appeared as being revived doesn't prevent a death from being added to your score. Is this correct? Do you lose a ticket as well? Was this done to hamper revive spamming? Also I tried to paddle someone to death but it didn't work, just bad luck or not doing it properly?

Thanks in advance for any help. I am definitely looking for people to play with but I don't have the steam version of the game. Add Boozler to your friends list if you're looking for another.

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Health packs: Are these heals over time or how does this work? I expect to just gobble one up on a drive by but it seems I have to hover over it. Is the longer I hover, the more I am healed or is it hover for X time and get full health?
Correct, it's a Heal over time. You must be within a certain distance to regain health back. Medics have the option of using a perk to increase the effectiveness of their healthpacks, reducing the time needed to be nearby a healthpack.

Health: Is there anyway to see your own health outside of okay I am seeing red, I need health.
Nope, not even in Non-Hardcore games. There are no number indicators. (Although, you regain health in Non-HC matches)

Medic Revive: It appeared as being revived doesn't prevent a death from being added to your score. Is this correct? Do you lose a ticket as well? Was this done to hamper revive spamming? Also I tried to paddle someone to death but it didn't work, just bad luck or not doing it properly?
Reviving a downed teammate will (I believe) give a ticket back, but will still give that player a death.

Feel free to add xRapture to your friends list, I'll join you!

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
the xmp prototype is probably the closest thing an assault player can get to a g36, it's quite a good gun actually.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
So is it the MG36 in BC2? *salivates*

The MG36 is a light machinegun. It's my favorite medic weapon, as was the G36E in BF2, but they are not the same gun. The MG36 is quite accurate for an LMG, but the G36E was a real sharpshooter's gun. No full-auto, but with a deadly 3-shot burst and very little recoil. Maybe the AN-94 is the closest thing in BC2.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
3 shot burst is more like m16, no? the AN is 2 shot burst i think.

but yeah the MG36 is a beast and its great because it has built in optics.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
3 shot burst is more like m16, no? the AN is 2 shot burst i think.

but yeah the MG36 is a beast and its great because it has built in optics.

Ah, you're right. AN94 is two-shot. I never really got into the M16 in BC2. I don't think it's quite as accurate long-range as the AN94 or the G36E in BF2. Ironically, in BF2, the M16 was the default medic rifle, and it generally didn't hold a candle to the G36E, so someone coming from BF2 and playing BC2 for the first time would be surprised to see that it's the top-spec assault-class rifle.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Ah, you're right. AN94 is two-shot. I never really got into the M16 in BC2. I don't think it's quite as accurate long-range as the AN94 or the G36E in BF2. Ironically, in BF2, the M16 was the default medic rifle, and it generally didn't hold a candle to the G36E, so someone coming from BF2 and playing BC2 for the first time would be surprised to see that it's the top-spec assault-class rifle.

naw, I've found that at the longest ranges the two bullets will often have a spread where you miss with both :p or maybe hit with one. With the M16A2, if your aim is true, you're pretty much guaranteed to hit with one or two.

Again, this is the longest of ranges, for medium range the AN-94 is still pretty much the undisputed king even though all the ARs have been extremely evened out in balance over the various patches.

The m416 is probably the best assault class rifle after the an-94 nerf.

While I like the M416 I really don't think there's really anything to it that sets it apart from the other ARs. The AN-94 used to be the undisputed king if only because it was ridiculously overpowered, doing upto 20% more damage than any other AR. And as I said before, patches have pretty much evened out the balance amongst all the ARs, they're probably the most balanced class of weapon in all of BC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.