The anti-crypto thread

Page 134 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
Thoughts?

A computer scientist says he's the mystery creator of bitcoin. A London judge aims to find the truth

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|2 hours ago
An Australian computer scientist who says he's the mystery creator behind bitcoin has testified in a London court about the cryptocurrency's origins ...

Jul 27, 2020
Thoughts?
He's an idiot.

All he needs to prove that he really is Satoshi is to spend just one Satoshi from Satoshi's stash of untouched bitcoins.

He hasn't done that. He's a frickin' imposter. Some failed idiot who likes to get various certifications under his belt so he can be voted the president of some computing group or the CEO of some technology corporation. He likes to think of himself as a gift to mankind. I have nothing but the utmost disgust for pathetic posers like him. He's like one of those loser managers who claim all the credit for the hard work of their subordinates. Just an opportunist. Nothing more.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Noid

Platinum Member
Sep 20, 2000
Oops, the Genesis fraud was 3x bigger than initially thought....
" Last week, Genesis agreed to pay the SEC a $21 million fine, also contingent on its repaying customers first. "

wtf ... reminds me of the FSLIC bankruptcies when I worked for the man in the 80's ... recovered pennies on the dollar ...

what is a pennies worth of crypto ? lol
justice for stealing peoples lives .. ?
... yea who would be happy about this ? ( forgive my rant )

Reactions: igor_kavinski

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Remember Chia which caused HDD prices to surge? Here's another pump & dump proving crypto miners are a blight cancer on this earth.

7950x out of stock everywhere thanks to Qubic. The vampire parasitic leeches have found something new to latch onto.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Remember Chia which caused HDD prices to surge? Here's another pump & dump proving crypto miners are a blight cancer on this earth.

7950x out of stock everywhere thanks to Qubic. The vampire parasitic leeches have found something new to latch onto.

I guess that is good for AMD stock?
If they can sell all their high end zen4 CPUs just before zen5 launch, retailers and AMD should be very happy. But it would also mean it will be very difficult to get your hands on the 8950X when it launches, if it has double the AVX512 performance as 7950X.

Last edited:

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I guess that is good for AMD stock?
Sure, AMD shareholders love it, just like NV shareholders absolutely loved GPU scalpers.

If they can sell all their high end zen4 CPUs just before zen5 launch, retailers and AMD should be very happy.
If this continues, where do you think zen5 will go? Straight to scalpers and miners while prices explode. We've already seen this movie.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
If this continues, where do you think zen5 will go? Straight to scalpers and miners while prices explode. We've already seen this movie.
Sigh. Anyways, all the cool kids that want CPU compute at home are already on epyc. Ask @Markfw .

What's not to like about "free" computer hardware from AMD. At least, it's more reliable than MIRs.

• Haha
Reactions: Markfw

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Sure, AMD shareholders love it, just like NV shareholders absolutely loved GPU scalpers.

So is now the time to buy AMD stocks? :p

But yeah it will suck for those who want the top end zen5 at launch.

Personally I'm waiting for zen7 launch so I hopefully can get a cheap zen6 X3D upgrade :)

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just saw that. I ALMOST feel bad... but he did screw over lot of people, possibly for life, with his fraud.

I would love if they went after the guy who did similar stuff with Quadriga CX. Skipped town to India with everyone's money and faked his death and shut the site down.