The animated Sinbad movie might have potential! two thumbs up:) ebert and roeper rate t3!

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well atleast thats what ebert and roeper just gave it:)

its a decent sign when a movie is given to critics early, means they are not afraid. it comes out next week i think.

Hoping its good, its been a while since any decent traditional animation without singing has come out. Titan AE, atlantis, the stupid pirates in space movie disney came out with etc.

i'd post the ebert /roeper website, but well.. ussually they don't update it till monday.

they reviewed t3 today too!! roeper liked it, ebert was borderline :)

for bay area folk ebert roeper replays at 12:30am ussually.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Figured I'd bump this thread instead of polluting AT with a new one.

Saw Sinbad this weekend. I liked it a lot. Dreamworks seems to be catching on to the "formula" that Disney's films have that give a movie it's "magic." In fact, they seem to be stooping to the level of just ripping it off. That's not really a problem, because there aren't nearly enough cartoons that don't suck. Disney is on a roll with making really crappy cartoons (i.e. Brother Bear) so it's good to have a competitor keep them in check.

Don't start with Pixar. Those people are gods and are in a completely different category.

- Characters were very likeable. Sinbad is one of the coolest heroes I've seen in a cartoon for a while. Reminds me of a bad-ass, a-hole, non-gay version of Aladdin in a way...come to think of it, sort of like Aladdin meets Indiana Jones. Marina/Eris/Proteus were also very well done.

- Plot was standard fare, nothing groundbreaking, really. It was a bit heavy on the mushy romance aspect towards the end (enough so that both my g/f and I were like
rolleye.gif
) . Kind of a risque turn of events at one point though.

- Humor ran the gamut from slapstick to perverse (very mild). They slipped in a few jokes for the adults which I think would fly right past most kids.

- Overall I had a good time, and would definitely recommend this movie. It's a lot of fun. Two thumbs up. :)

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I'll probably see this. I love the Arabian Nights. I have two translations actually. Sindbad is one of my favorites. I liked the Alladin movie too.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well it was kind of hokey at times. generally entertaining, not aweful like treasure planet/atlantis/titan ae, but not ground breaking. michelle phifers char is a foxy goddess:)

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
i took my wife and kids to see this movie.

yes, my kids behaved and were quiet.

and Yes, the movie was very enjoyable. i thought it was a lot better than finding nemo and my kids all enjoyed it a lot more than Finding Nemo.