The AMIGA comp users unite !

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
My goodness, every time I think about myself using that comp when I was a kid gives lots of memories. Especially the awesome game titles that came with it, not forgetting the awesome pac man copy-cats it carries....it's awesome ...

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Powermoloch
My goodness, every time I think about myself using that comp when I was a kid gives lots of memories. Especially the awesome game titles that came with it, not forgetting the awesome pac man copy-cats it carries....it's awesome ...

Dragon's Lair! :heart:

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
Originally posted by: Powermoloch

Dragon's Lair! :heart:

Werd :thumbsup:

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
it was a bitch to copy blood money.
but dungeon master was the game that got me to buy an amiga for myself.

now you can play DM and Chaos strikes back for free...

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsei
it was a bitch to copy blood money.
but dungeon master was the game that got me to buy an amiga for myself.

now you can play DM and Chaos strikes back for free...

Blood money is still one of the best games ever.

Right next to the best game of all time. The very best game ever known to mankind in the arcade and in the home....

Bubble Bobble

qaa541

Jun 25, 2004
Rick Dangerous! Arkanoid! Marble Madness! Oh man the memories never leave!

AT

Oct 9, 1999
Supercars, I can still remember the amazing feeling of hearing the theme in stereo for the first time on my Amiga.

Also Lotus series, Stunt Car Racer, Rick Dangerous.

Kremlar

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I liked Defender of the Crown. All of those Cinemaware titles were amazing at the time, graphically.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
oh yeah and pandora was the first adventure game I got for amiga... the music for it was light years ahead of apple //e (the computer that I own before the amiga)

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
no one else had Arkanoid on the Amiga?! i played Dragon's Lair too. i was a happy little c=64 kid, my neighbour had an Amiga which was completely amazing to me.

qaa541

Jun 25, 2004
Originally posted by: AT
Supercars, I can still remember the amazing feeling of hearing the theme in stereo for the first time on my Amiga.

Also Lotus series, Stunt Car Racer, Rick Dangerous.

Stunt car racer! Awesome game!

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
My first Amiga 500 game was a flight simulator: Falcon 4. I think I mostly played the Space Quest, Police Quest and Kings Quest series after that.

Oil

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2005
I love my Amiga but I've never used it in so long..... Its in the attic

So many games I used to play when I was young, don't remember names but one batman game was fun. also there was a badass dracula game but it was kind of hard

My favorite was a Monty Python game where you throw fish as your weapon :thumbsup:

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: OSx86
I love my Amiga but I've never used it in so long..... Its in the attic

Google WinUAE - play all your old Amiga games at full speed on your PC! :D
You can even use a USB PS2-style controller, and run fullscreen. It's great :heart:

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
sigh...I loved my Amiga 500's. I even had the GVP 10MB hard drive and the 286 emulator card to go with it. The emulator didn't really work that well though. I'd still use my Amiga if my 1084s wasn't broken. Do any of you remember doing the Chip RAM mod where you cut a trace on the motherboard (I think near the Fat Agnus chip) and resoldered another to get 1MB of Chip RAM. Man that was waaay before these youngin's and their silly overclocking fad. I had my 500 pimpin though, there was another RAM card where you could get 4MB of RAM by adding a daughterboard into the Gary chip's socket. I could only afford to get 1.5 MB of RAM in mine though.
I had a few games, Defender of the Crown, Shadow of the Beast I & II, Test Drive II ("Accolade presents...vrooom vrooom") and few more I can't remember. I should go dig out my old games from my parents attic.

Back in the day, it wasn't Intel vs. AMD or ATI vs. nVidia...naw it was Amiga vs. the Apple IIgs and no one even thought to compare either of those against the pathetic IBM PCs of the day. "Oh yeah, like your 4bit CGA can compare to 4096 HAM mode on the Amiga...phsssh"

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Lol I remembered I got 2 extra floppy drives w/ the amiga. Fun to play some old NFL games there also lolololol :p ...heh I rembered my dad stored pr0n somewhere in those disk....those where the days

RaWrulez

Mar 4, 2001
80 MB Seagate Tape Drive what more will i need

muhahahahaha

BuggyBoy?

Oh yeah and CanDo... that was fun.

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: sleuth bandit
I still have my 500 through 3000 in the basement somewhere.

Workbench #1

The Amiga 3000 was THE machine to get. Unfortunately I had spent a ton of money on my two 500's and the RAM upgrades, HD hards, etc. If I had saved it, I could have afforded a 3000 by the time I was through. But I wouldn't give up those memories for anything.

It was a sad sad day when I realized the Amiga was done for and that PC's were the way to go. No way could I have gone to a Mac. Apple was the enemy back then for some reason, although today I'd seriously consider a powerbook....