The all time most gruesome and bizarre sports injuries

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Psycho Sid when he was on the top rope jumped down and completely snapped his leg in half. That was gruesome.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
No Tim Krumrie? Napoleon McCallum? I saw Theisman and Krumrie happen live. Jimmy missed a lot of really bad injuries that are far worse than the ones on his list.

I think it goes more like this:

1. Theisman
2. Livingston
3. Krumrie
4. ...

Never mind... was on the list already.

Theismann, McCallum, Bryant Young, Tim Krumrie - three MNF and a Super Bowl - How many people do you think saw those nasty injuries while eating?!? (I was 4 for 4)

MotionMan

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: purbeast0
omg man some of those are tough to watch.

the hockey one is probably the most disturbing even though you can't see what happened. Also the one with the tennis chick is pretty hard to watch because of the way she's just screaming and no one is fvcking helping her.

heh interesting coincidence, todays mercury news paper had an article on female athletes and acl injuries. apparently it happens to them a lot because since their hips are wider, they are knock knee'd, their knees come together whereas mens kinda go apart. that setup puts more stress on the knee apparently, and also the acl groove is also more narrow.

so usually they just crumple to the ground without having to be injured by a collision.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Clint Malarchuk and Niki Lauda still stand out for me.

Agreed....Malarchuk's neck injury was absolutely frightening.

I've seen it and skipped right over it. I bet a lot of people at the game lost their lunch after seeing that.