The actions of Democrats in 1974 haunt us today....

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: JackStorm
Ah...Good ol heartsurgeon. Still bashing liberals/Democrats, insulting peoples intelligence and ignoring posts that prove him wrong. Got to love his selective reading ability.

Btw, didn't heartsurgeon say he was leaving some months ago saying that there was 'No more point to P&N'? I'm pretty sure he did. So, what gives? Is he flip floping?

Nah, he was just feeling really high the day after the election. He has bid us ado on 3 or 4 occasions now. He must love the "debate" that is P&N too much to stay away.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Nah, he was just feeling really high the day after the election. He has bid us ado on 3 or 4 occasions now. He must love the "debate" that is P&N too much to stay away.

i'm a bored abuse junky just like the rest of you....

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
this post may be a little complex for most of you, since it involves history and facts (both recent and past).

Statements like this underscore quite well why unthinking conservatives, along with their lying neo-conservative Godhead's, are due for a political trouncing. As for the rest, I see very little history and lots of delusional interpretation. Clueless as the Dems are, they'd have to be walking corpses not to be able to take advantage of the fact that their opponents get all wet and salty at the idea of conquering an unconquerable world.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: dontknow1
What about Pres. Carter pulling funds to Iran?

I beleive our fatal mistake was in agreeing with France to allow the Ayatolla to
come out of exile and return to Iran while changing our posture with the Shah.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: JackStorm

Btw, didn't heartsurgeon say he was leaving some months ago saying that there was 'No more point to P&N'? I'm pretty sure he did. So, what gives? Is he flip floping?

LOL - I hadn't recalled that thread, but I find the idea of an uber-arrogant "heart surgeon" who can't spell the word "farewell" almost endlessly entertaining. Come to think of it, I get a chuckle out of the fact that the present thread is largely based on the plight of the abandoned "Vietnamize".

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
looks like fartsturgeon will never give up.....

How many limbaugh/hannity/coulter echos can you have in here before the place becomes a drama-fest for high-tech hillybillys plunking there patriotic rants here out after being empowered watching their evening of foxnews punduits?

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
looks like fartsturgeon will never give up.....

I can't say I have much respect for heartsurgeon. But there's no need for name calling.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
I am sure he's utterly crushed.... :roll:

Anyhow, nice revisionist history again HS..We have gone over this again and again about vietnam....and still he gets hopped up and tries to shoot off some fairytale patriotic mess about it.

The "evil commie left hippies" saved many more americans from dying in a neeedless lost cause based off of lies once again...and no JFK did not truely start nam...it was nothing of the sort until LBJ and espically Nixon geared it into full swing instead of being a training mission for the southern soldiers.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Anyhow, nice revisionist history again HS..We have gone over this again and again about vietnam....and still he gets hopped up and tries to shoot off some fairytale patriotic mess about it.

The "evil commie left hippies" saved many more americans from dying in a neeedless lost cause based off of lies once again...and no JFK did not truely start nam...it was nothing of the sort until LBJ and espically Nixon geared it into full swing instead of being a training mission for the southern soldiers.

From one view point.

The other is that people like Fonda/Hayden provided encouragement to the NV to continue the conflict. (per documents/memoirs of NV officials).

If one is against war, then any explanation/justification in hindsight will be valid. When living in the conditions that led up to the conflict and the understanding of what the consequences were creates a different light.

The Hippies were proud to stand against the fight for freedom. Very few ,if any, were over in Europe when the Soviets rolled back in a second time. It was easier to stay in the US where they were protected and then mouth off.

Student in China had more guts than the VN antiwar protestors.

By the way, LBJ was of the same party as Kennedy. Both felt that the line needed to be drawn against communists.

Kennedy wanted to tiptoe in; feed in advisors to determine what the situation was.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

From one view point.

The other is that people like Fonda/Hayden provided encouragement to the NV to continue the conflict. (per documents/memoirs of NV officials).

If one is against war, then any explanation/justification in hindsight will be valid. When living in the conditions that led up to the conflict and the understanding of what the consequences were creates a different light.

The Hippies were proud to stand against the fight for freedom. Very few ,if any, were over in Europe when the Soviets rolled back in a second time. It was easier to stay in the US where they were protected and then mouth off.

Student in China had more guts than the VN antiwar protestors.

By the way, LBJ was of the same party as Kennedy. Both felt that the line needed to be drawn against communists.

Kennedy wanted to tiptoe in; feed in advisors to determine what the situation was.

I'm sure the NVA was about to pack it in until Jane showed up and flashed her Gams. :roll:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: sandorski
I'm sure the NVA was about to pack it in until Jane showed up and flashed her Gams. :roll:

Her "Gams" would have only help the average grunt. And she probabley did advertise them like any good commie lover would.

She DID provide encouragement that the US public would not continue to support the war and that the military would then be withdrawn.

In released documents, the NVA stated that they had come to the realization that the US forces were not able to be defeated and that the US could escalate the conflict by changing the targeting parameters to destroy the NV infrastructure.

Fonda & co provided encouragement (by whatever methods) that gave hope to the NVA that by continuing the conflict it allow them to succeed and the the US would not attempt to win the war but withdraw, because of public opinion.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
no JFK did not truely start nam...it was nothing of the sort until LBJ and espically Nixon geared it into full swing

there were a few "advisors" in Vietnam under Eisenhower (R)
the troops were sent in under Kennedy (D) to stop Communist expansionism.
Johnson (D) massively increased the troop numbers to there ultimate maximum.
Each and every year Nixon (R) was President, the troop numbers declined.

Nixon used bombing (LineBacker) to bring the North Vietnamize to the negotiation table to end the war (Johnson wanted the same thing, but didn't know how to get the North to agree to negotiations).

at the end of Johnson's (D) Presidency, troop numbers in Vietnam were 540,000
at the end of the first year of Nixon's (R) Presidency, troop numbers were 480,000
at the end of Nixon's second year in office, troop numbers were down to 280,000
at the end of Nixon's third year, troop numbers were 140,000
at the end of Nixon's four year, troop numbers were down to 30,000
early in Nixon's fifth year, all U.S. troops are out of Vietnam.

these are the facts.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
it's is my impression, that the majority of young liberals believe that Vietnam was "Nixon'x War" even though he ended it. I've even heard young liberals credit Johnson with the Vietnam War, but then claim Johnson was a Republican!!

God bless'em....some day they'll be paying taxes, and i'll be drawing benefits....

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
What facts? Is the left truly so delusional they can't distinguish facts from blind ALCU rhetoric?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: zendari
What facts? Is the left truly so delusional they can't distinguish facts from blind ALCU rhetoric?

Congrats on being the biggest dittohead kool aid swiller I have had a chance to meet one these forums...

Do the world a favor and go hide back under the shadow of ann coulter's adams apple or whatever rock you crawled out of kid.

(I am assuming your about 12 from your worldview)

When did kids switch from sniffing glue to listening to limbaugh..jeez

Take it easy on the braincells..someday gods help you, you may need them

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: zendari

Congrats on being the biggest dittohead kool aid swiller I have had a chance to meet one these forums...

Do the world a favor and go hide back under the shadow of ann coulter's adams apple or whatever rock you crawled out of kid.

(I am assuming your about 12 from your worldview)

When did kids switch from sniffing glue to listening to limbaugh..jeez

Take it easy on the braincells..someday gods help you, you may need them

Aren't you one of the liberals that were using the Koolaid terminology a few months back without even knowing who Jones was? That was a very good day for the P&N conservatives!

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
just like a football team huh? keeping score?

seriously, you think in such my team your team terms, it shows in your political outlook also.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
just like a football team huh? keeping score?

seriously, you think in such my team your team terms, it shows in your political outlook also.

How very insiteful of you. And I try to keep my inner feelings so private! I was a Democrat and a liberal. I grew out of it and you may also.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
suuure you were....when was this? the last time you wasted your precious spit on a homeless person?

that line is so tired Condor, ever one of you all swear you were oh so leftist...

Funny thing is IRL I have never once met a person willingly sell out if they already werent that way from there parents raising them after a little rebel fling when teenagers...

having hormones is not being a lefty... :roll:

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
i wonder if i would have been banned by now if i used the same language as the previous poster has in this thread.

it's inflammatory, personal, and offensive. it adds nothing to the discussion in the thread.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
at the end of Johnson's (D) Presidency (1968), troop numbers in Vietnam were 540,000
at the end of the first year of Nixon's (R) Presidency (1969), troop numbers were 480,000
at the end of Nixon's second year in office (1970), troop numbers were down to 280,000
at the end of Nixon's third year (1971), troop numbers were 140,000
at the end of Nixon's four year (1972), troop numbers were down to 30,000
early in Nixon's fifth year (1973), all U.S. troops are out of Vietnam

Having had over 95% of the troops in Veitnam withdrawn under Nixon, by the start of Nixon's fifth year in office in early 1973,
is a more logical explanation of why the South Vietnamese couldn't sustain their resistance than your claim that the 'Democrats'
cut off funding in 1974. We simply quit fighting their war for them, they didn't bother defending themselves.
The 'Heart & Soul' of the Vietnamese was with their bloodlines & ancestory, not the political machine we supported in the south.