The $8800 desktop (no monitor for this bargain)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
They are also Incorporated by the state of California, it gives a home address of someone, its in a fairly wealthy area judging by the homes in the ariel picture.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Posted at MacNN:

www.go-l.com is registered to the same LISA CIESNIEWSKI as is the Liebermann corporate filing, however it is at a PO Box in Marina del Rey, very close to the Sepulveda adddress.

It is strange that for a presumed up and coming technology corporation that both the corporate filing and the website would be directed to the same individual. Usually an attorney would undertake the corporate work and a technology person would be the contact for the website.

When I did a Google search on LISA CIESNIEWSKI it came up with an interesting link: http://www.socalequine.com/atraining/los_angeles.htm

Turns out Lisa is a HORSE TRAINER! Same Lisa, same Marina del Rey phone number as listed on the www.go-l.com web registration. Busy gal, training horses, registering technology websites, doing corporate filings.

Somebody claims to have seen a 3 panel monitor from them though. I'll try to find a link.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Heres the info I dug up.

LIEBERMANN INC.
Number: C2518643 Date Filed: 6/25/2003 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Mailing Address
3143 ENCINAL AVENUE
LA CRESCENTA, CA 91214
Agent for Service of Process
LISA CIESNIEWSKI
3143 ENCINAL AVENUE
LA CRESCENTA, CA 91214

More info

LISA CIESNIEWSKI is 25, and may live in La Canada, CA

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Eug
This reminds me of a scam a while back where similar stock photos were used, for a fairly professional looking site.

They DID actually ship a few machines, but probably less than 10% of all the orders, before they took the money and ran.

The ironic part is that the other scam site had way less spelling mistakes than this one does, and didn't directly steal the pictures and site design from other companies.
This is the site I was thinking of:

www.jcmorris.com

Abhi

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
If this is a scam, not a very well planned one.

Who, in their right mind, would put SO much money, into some brand they NEVER even heard about?

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
When you're building and selling $30,000+ desktop computers, your website can look however you want.

Bill

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
When you're building and selling $30,000+ desktop computers, your website can look however you want.

Or when Mr Big finds out, the plug gets pulled and they walk away with their tail between their legs! :Q

Cheers!

MangoTBG

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Funny. I just called the Media Relations girl, Lisa. She answered the phone with "Hello?" in an ugly tone. I don't know...I'd just think that there'd be a little more formality, or profession tone, to the way you answer the phone. She told me that she wouldn't talk to me that she wanted to get contact information from me and call me back and made this comment "Heh. Well, no. I'm not going to talk to you unless I call you. It's been an interesting week". We'll see if she actually calls back.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Well, somebody is now claiming the monitor is being sent out for reviews. If that does happen, it would make a legit company and I'd stand corrected.

However, it'd still be a fly-by-night one for the reasons already posted in thread (like Mango's post), and I still wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole.

Not if you want to stay in business.