The 4 Cow race to 100k - latest update

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Until Mika retires me to the new one, I'm on page 5 boys! WooooooMooooooo! Moving up fast in these little "stat" pages:p

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
Mika thanks for the info, its the one thing thats stopped me from changing addys - ill sort it out after io have resucued my dead pc :)

I'm gonna be offline for about 15 hours now, the next update will be approx 0900gmt

as i said, ill do seperate block counts and increases from both dnet and mika's and we can check for discrepancies.

I have remembered that no matter what time i do it, mika's stats are seperated into days, so the figures wont be skewed by my flush. Ill post when its done though, just to let you know what kinda boost i got.

Till then take care, and happy cracking

PS - 101 posts til im a senior member :)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey guys, I'm back OK on Mika's as of now...I'm not going to retire fran073@home.com just yet, as I would like to monitor it the next couple of days to see if any blocks are flushed through it!:|....We'll see...There should be between 1000 and 1500 WU for today's stats directly from d.net for the above e-mail addy....Much more would mean a problem:(......

Oh well, thank goodness for Mika's PProxy....(Thanks Mika!)

Back to page #2....Ah....This is the life....You guys should join me!

Oh, can you guess who I am under my new identity?:p

Dantoo

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
Engineer - new email?
Another great RC5 fun game :) Ahhhh, does it begin with a ....d! :p

<trying to sound genuine> Sorry to here about all the troubles that have been slowing your keyrates down guys</trying to sound genuine>

Heh, I went to milk an isolated cow this morning and was astonished to disover it only had nine blocks after two days work. &quot;I kept the computer shut down as much as possible to help you!&quot; Gaaaaah!:[

Engineer, it will be most interesting to see if the PhF stops flushing for you now. It might be worwhile toning down the appeal to a &quot;sorry for your trouble - but please stop now&quot; kind of approach.

I have an identikit picture of the PhF available for general viewing. I just need someone to post it. I emailed it to Virge but he's hanging on to it. Can somebody display it if I email copy to them (jpg)?

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mooooooooooooooooooooooo! Page 2 and beyond.....:) Hey Marty, can that 40K thing above still stand?:p....If so, I win!:Q

Marty

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
I don't think so, engineer. ;)

I will be setting up an Athlon 896 and reconfiguring a P3 500 tomorrow. Mooooo... :)

Marty

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Based on old e-mail address:

Current Ranking: 40,454 (1420)
Total Blocks to Search: 68,719,476,736
Total Blocks Tested: 71,383
Keyspace Checked: 0.00010388%
Total Keys Tested: 19,161,728,155,648
Time Working: 39 days
Overall Rate: 5,687 KKeys/sec

from D.net and the fact that MadMerc had me at ~67,200 for the previous day ~~ around 4000 blocks for the day....

I should have only flushed around 1000 blocks to D.net directly....

We'll see what happens tomorrow! This really sucks!:|

But now I have a new life and ID! To 100K and beyond:Q

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
ok guys - figures for yesterday

mika's

Engineer - 62352 (+2908)
MadMerc - 57965 (+1014)
Danto - 54245 (+2541)
Marty - 47521 (+2194)

Dnet -

Engineer (Old) - 71383 (+4115)
MadMerc - 70412 (+1004)
Dantoo - 53464 (+2518)
Marty - 53198 (+2185)
Engineer - 1361 (+1361)

As you can see, Engineer as taken the lead, but draw your own conclusions about his fugures :)

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
trouble is, on Mika's you beat me, but using my genuine (so far) dnet figures, im still winning :)

Dantoo

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
I feel like I'm running in quicksand here on Page 3. Everytime I look, somebody gets pushed down from page 2 and the total to escape goes up another couple of thousand!

Hmmm....a guy brought a lil ol' DX66 (overdrive chip) in to have gutted next week. Yeah, could crack about 6 or 7 blocks in a week.;)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey guys, where are you? Page 2 awaits....

My herd is in better shape than ever (at least this week)! Maybe I'll add more next week:)

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
sorry about the lack of update today, i havent had any spare time at work today :( There may well not be one til monday, as my home pc is down.

Also by monday, i will know if im getting a gigathlon or not :)

watch this space

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry, accident:) I see you made to page #2 MadMerc....Great to have you here!

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
i have? cool :)

anyway borrowed a machine from work to runs some tests on mine - so far its not looking to bad - all the data on my hdd is recoverable, so im gonna pull off the stuff i really want (i.e. game saves) then reformat it, and put on a fresh reeinstall of 98 se and see if it will boot. The boot sector is currently damaged, but im not sure if its just data damamge or actual damage to the disk. When thats done, its time to find out why it wont do anything when i hit the powerswitch :)

as long as its not the actual switch itself, cos replacing that might be tricky, but is rather the powersupply (i have a spare) or the mobo (needs replacing anyway), and the hdd is fully recoverable, i have enough cash for a athlon combo. If i need to replace other stuff, i'll start my other project, and get the dual p3 board and put my celery in it til i can afford a pair of 650's asnd some pc133.

anyway, i wont have time to do a stats tally this weekend, cos i got a rig to test and a job app to write, but i will be in an out of here periodically

finally - we need a definate decision on what stats we are using - if we are gonna use mika's then i would prefer to make this a race to 200k, as so many of my early blocks didnt go through mika's

bfn

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
another update - it WAS the powersupply, swapped it for one of my spares and away it went :)

i think what i shall do, is confirm once and for all wether the fdd controller is dead on my bh6, and replace the mobo if it is, then sell the whole thing to my gf. using the cash from that to by a 19&quot; rack case and a new harddrive, ill put an athlon rig together - i have a spare graphics card as well : ) anyway, ill keep you posted, and ill be doing an update from work on monday, unless i get my hd back up and reeinstalled by tomorrow nite, in which case ill do one before then.

more news as it comes, and keep on cracking :)

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
btw, i may have made it to page 2, but im not there anymore :(

shouls make it to stay on monday :)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just to let you know, I retired the original E-mail on D.net to a &quot;friend&quot;......:)

My true total is about 60,000 blocks + my current D.net total...

Or I can just use Mika...

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
well, mika's is out of blocks again, so thats 1300 blocks going straight to dnet (found another one that isnt set to no fallback) :(

ill flush the rest a little later, and do the stats at lunch time

and i made a decision regarding the athlon - im gonna spend the money on a 19&quot; FD monitor, and a LS-120. The only thing dead is some part of my floppy controller on the mobo, and as i want an LS-120 anyway, and it will solve my floppy problem, and its cheaper than a new mobo, im gonna go that route, and upgrade other stuff later.

Dantoo

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
On the bright side, We should all be on page 2 after Mika's comes back up:)

I've lost a few blocks straight to dnet but I don't know how many. Bigger problem will be the randoms my &quot;remotes&quot; are chewing over :(

MadMerc

Feb 27, 2000
i have one, maybe 2 machine(s) that will have to go through dnet if mika's doesnt come back up before i finish work today, the rest will be okay til thursday, which is when i am here next - as mika's appears to have been down since yesterday, ill do a stats run based on saturdays figures