The 30%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Not really news. Those that vote along party lines will ALWAYS vote along party lines. D or R.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
So do you agree with Obama's position as quoted in that video?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WTF are you talking about? the video linked was from 2005, when Barack Obama was a Senator and he was not even mentioned in the video.

also, Colbert was riffing on GWBs "truthiness" more than a decade before Trump transformed it to a daily reality.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
WTF are you talking about? the video linked was from 2005, when Barack Obama was a Senator and he was not even mentioned in the video.

also, Colbert was riffing on GWBs "truthiness" more than a decade before Trump transformed it to a daily reality.
Oops wrong video. The quote I was referencing was from 2014

VIDEO: Students say Obama immigration quote racist…when they think it’s from Trump

Do you agree with Obama? Wrt illegal immigration I do

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Every administration, to a growing degree, attempted to do things about the illegal immigration problem. If Obama wanted to do anything other than what he was actually able to do, McConnell and the Senate would block him. I don't know as much as I should about the particulars of Obama's border policy, but he didn't put kids in cages, separate them from their families, and make it impossible to reunite them. He promoted DACA, which is sane and makes sense.

Trump is merely behaving like a prick for the audience of his Base. They're behaving as if this is a "last stand for White People and Christians". They don't like the "writing on the wall" -- the inevitable demographic changes that lead to no single racial group remaining a majority.

I have an associate, a member of my 1965 high-school class, who recently made the remark that the influx of Latinos and Asians is overwhelming the White "majority". This -- from a guy who says he's not a racist, but he blames African-Americans for "ruining" his former Chicago neighborhood. Another fellow classmate wrote a novel, and he asked him if he could read it. The second classmate told him to contribute $20 to the Southern Poverty Law Center -- SPLC -- and he could have a copy of the novel. My . . . associate . . . . says "Why should I contribute to a cause or organization I don't believe in?"

Took a while for his remark to sink in. Who WOULD think that SPLC does things they don't agree with? Suing hate criminals? Who wouldn't agree with that?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Oops wrong video. The quote I was referencing was from 2014

VIDEO: Students say Obama immigration quote racist…when they think it’s from Trump

Do you agree with Obama? Wrt illegal immigration I do

oops wrong video? and for something that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

i will not devolve further into your OT ramblings.

Reactions: dank69

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think its well over 30%.
You forget those that will never admit that they support Trump because of...
because of what family might say or what co-workers might say or what boyfriends/girlfriends might say. So they keep quiet.
We have many of those Trumpies keeping quiet right here on this forum.
They were fairly quiet and hid in the shadows during and up to 2016 because as most people they too believed Hillary had it in the bag. Then Donald Trump was elected and that very night oh-boy did those Trumpies come out in force around here.
No longer keeping quiet that is for sure.

But regardless of the numbers that support Donald Trump, Trump and the GOP are masters at how they control what supporters they do have.
After all, they lost the popular vote in 2016 but they won the electoral vote and thus the presidency.
You must admit, Donald Trump was a genius in pulling that one off and Hillary Clinton was clueless. Trump knew the map and what and where he needed to be, Hillary totally screwed up that one.

Frankly.... I think Donald Trump has a far better chance at winning this time around in 2020 because unemployment is down and Democrats have no candidate they can really count on.
One would think Democrats could find at least one hugely charismatic popular candidate out there to go up against Donald Trump.
One would think.....