The 2016 Republican primary freak show is on!!!

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Carrying any credit card debt (other than super low introductory rates) is stupid, but so is being a bible-thumper, so we already knew that.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I just found the perfect candidate

original.jpg

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Carrying any credit card debt (other than super low introductory rates) is stupid, but so is being a bible-thumper, so we already knew that.

Carrying credit card debt short term can be advantageous.

Prior to purchasing our home, we were apartment dwellers, used the laundry facilities in the building. Money was tight for obvious reasons but the benefits of having our own were obvious. Sears was having a big sale, so we put it on the card, paid it off in 3 months, actually had a better bottom line than if we had waited.

22 years later, the washer quit so we replaced the pair.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I just found the perfect candidate

original.jpg

LOL:thumbsup:

When his VH1 video first ran, I thought to myself (being a full on heavy metal enthusiast at the time) wow, ewwwwwww, and had a fight with my GF about the entertainment value of his talents, especially his, uhhh, what must have been his dance moves in that vid?

Looking back at that experience made me think he must've been Justin Bieber's role model.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I finally got around to reading Scot Walker's resume. Wow, this is what the Reps consider Presidential material? He sold warranties for IBM while still in school. All the rest is politics. Hell, Obama has had more actual job experience.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
looks like I suck at predictions... Perry is out, and it looks like Scott Walker is about to join him.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...walker-said-to-be-quitting-presidential-race/
Rand Paul will never be viable. No Paul will ever be viable. Not sure why people still think they can be.

This will be between trump and bush and it will be decided on how the establishment wants to play it. They can either continue to dismiss and alienate their base or somehow revive bush's flailing campaign.

But with bush defending Obama, speaking spanish, and aligning himself more with Clinton's than the base, he is lost.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
The Rep. base is completely out of touch with reality. Social issues get you nowhere in a general election. The only way for a Rep. candidate to win is pander to the base and then pivot once he (or she) gets the nomination to be more middle of the road.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Carrying credit card debt short term can be advantageous.

Prior to purchasing our home, we were apartment dwellers, used the laundry facilities in the building. Money was tight for obvious reasons but the benefits of having our own were obvious. Sears was having a big sale, so we put it on the card, paid it off in 3 months, actually had a better bottom line than if we had waited.

22 years later, the washer quit so we replaced the pair.

Rubio raided his retirement fund to do the home repairs.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/18/retirement/marco-rubio-ira/

He probably should have sold his boat
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/10/rubio-speedboat-fishing-boat_n_7554138.html

Last edited: