The 2016 Democratic 3+ Ring Circus is on!!!

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
So far we have...

1: Hillary Clinton
2: Bernie sanders
3: Martin O'Malley
4: Jimm Webb

I am more surprised about Jim Webb. He is a very conservative Dem. He did not meet a lot of donors and other top people when he was a senator so not sure if he has enough connections to pull off a win. But had high ratings in VA and a respected Veteran who was against the war. I could see him as a solid VP for most if he does not win.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...e-house-campaign/ar-AActZ93?ocid=ansnewsreu11

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
The wrong former VA governor is running, should have been Mark Warner.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Sanders/Warren would be a Dem ticket I could vote for.

I'd love to see warren make pelosi's head explode either way

Rhonda the Sly

Nov 22, 2007
Not a whole lot of rock stars on the Democratic side, which I tend to appreciate, but Hillary does seem to suck the oxygen out of the room because of that.

And I wouldn't mind the clown car on the other side if it weren't filled with actual clowns.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
The wrong former VA governor is running, should have been Mark Warner.

Webb was never a Gov, just a Senator. Webb was not supposed to win but ran a good campaign and the other guy pulled a Romney with what he said.

Not a big fan of Warner. I don't hate him but not really pulling for him.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
No clowns found.
All serious people, as far as I can see.

You don't really have to worry about TPP sending your job overseas though. Really all you have to make sure of is your entitlement checks keep rolling in.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You don't really have to worry about TPP sending your job overseas though. Really all you have to make sure of is your entitlement checks keep rolling in.

Republicans support TPP, and half their base is on Social Security :D

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Sanders/Warren would be a Dem ticket I could vote for.

I'd love to see warren make pelosi's head explode either way

I could get on board with that. IMO the good far outweighs the bad with those two.

I wouldn't call this a circus though, certainly not with the what's been happening on 'the other side.' The dems are running a book club meeting by comparison to the clamoring, pandering republicans who seem bent on trying to out-stupid each other. I don't see many more joining, I think the prospect of running against the Hillary machine doesn't appeal to many.

This is going to be an easy campaign season for the dems. You don't have to exert much effort to make the opposition look distasteful when they are happy to do the job for you. That's on top of them being pretty much wrong about everything for the last 16 years mind you :biggrin:

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Not a whole lot of rock stars on the Democratic side, which I tend to appreciate, but Hillary does seem to suck the oxygen out of the room because of that.

And I wouldn't mind the clown car on the other side if it weren't filled with actual clowns.
You guys never listen, the clowns are on the left, those are jokers on the right.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
This is going to be an easy campaign season for the dems. You don't have to exert much effort to make the opposition look distasteful when they are happy to do the job for you. That's on top of them being pretty much wrong about everything for the last 16 years mind you :biggrin:
i agree 100%

problem is even with the right self imploding the Dems are far to scared of putting anyone good up against them, they only want safe non-progressive bets like corporate lovin' Hillary

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I like what Bernie says I just don't think he is electable.

He represents a fair % of the Dem base & much of his POV will be incorporated into the nominee's platform, whoever that may be.

Taking a glance at Congress, we need to realize that nobody gets to be a Savior. The best we can do is turn away the horde of right wing filth that's infested our political system.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
It's basically a 3 horse race.. Hillary, Bernie and Joe if he decides to jump in.

Why are we saying Bernie isn't electable? The current crop of GOP candidates are unlikely to get anywhere near 270.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's basically a 3 horse race.. Hillary, Bernie and Joe if he decides to jump in.

Why are we saying Bernie isn't electable? The current crop of GOP candidates are unlikely to get anywhere near 270.

I don't think Bernie intends to win the nomination but rather to frame the message of the Party.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I don't think Bernie intends to win the nomination but rather to frame the message of the Party.
No, he intends to win.
Your spineless party just won't give him the nod cause they are scared (for no good reason) that he wouldn't win.. and it's a shame cause I think he can.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, he intends to win.
Your spineless party just won't give him the nod cause they are scared (for no good reason) that he wouldn't win.. and it's a shame cause I think he can.

Heh. I notice you didn't say you'd vote for him.

You saying Dems should nominate Bernie is like me advocating that Repubs draft Sam Brownback. I'd love to see it, but that doesn't mean it'd be the best thing for them.

Dems intend to keep the Whitehouse, so they won't let this turn into a self sacrifice of ideological purity. Repubs seem eager to throw themselves on that sword, so let 'em.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Many things will change until January 2016, right now it is best to sit back and enjoy the early show...