That's why US shouldn't attack Iraq

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I guess that's a reason for the US to never go to war with anyone. Darn, we might get our butt kicked. But, wait, if we don't go to war we'll get our butt kicked anyway. Hell, might as well go to war and have some fun.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Alarmist Bullcaca

1. Iraq has no Navy
2. Iraq wouldn't have air equality let alone air supremacy past mintue 2 of the conflict
3. Point number two alone means Iraq would lose a serious conflict.
4. when in doubt about our ability to win, refer to point #2
5. Keep point #2 in mind at all times.

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
rolleye.gif

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Heh heh...I remember playing OPFOR before...sometimes our mission is to put up a good fight using Soviet style tactics and sometimes it's to "die in place" :)

Anyhow, I remember when the Egyptian newspapers were saying the US would be flooded with bodybags full of dead soldiers if we went into Afghanistan...if I recall correctly, Al-Ahram even had an expert report that he expected between 5,000 and 12,000 US combat deaths...

[Edit]
rolleye.gif

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
Hmmm, it was an interesting read, however anyone that knows anything about the military in the US would know that the US has one of the strongest forces in the world. Our technology, despite the fact that Iraq is becoming more dangerous with their technology, is far superior to theirs. If we do go to war, i'm not saying that they will be as easy as Afghanistan was, but I don't see us losing millions of people in the war either.

popok

Sep 8, 2002
Originally posted by: TravisT
Hmmm, it was an interesting read, however anyone that knows anything about the military in the US would know that the US has one of the strongest forces in the world. Our technology, despite the fact that Iraq is becoming more dangerous with their technology, is far superior to theirs. If we do go to war, i'm not saying that they will be as easy as Afghanistan was, but I don't see us losing millions of people in the war either.

yes but those articles show that it could be dangerous to use technology too much.
for example, this extract of the first article :

He sent orders with motorcycle couriers to evade sophisticated electronic eavesdropping equipment

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: TravisT

In the gulf war all the "experts" predicted 25,000+ american casualties. One group of republican guard was dug in and challenged the US armor and they never fired a shot as all their permiter tanks exploded into big balls of fire. All the "experts" keep touting how highly trained these guys are and all I see is the fact that the most american casualties were from a scud missle.

My prediction? There won't be much of a fight, once american firepower is on the ground there will be a coup.