That's not what the conservatives on this board said.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< Anyone who is against tax cuts for EVERYONE because those who already pay MUCH MORE get a larger dollar amount, though a smaller PERCENTAGE needs to explain why they are in favor of punishing success and hard work. >>

more assumptions...

I pay my capital gains tax yet I don't whine and complain

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
403-

RE: Many large companies paid ZERO income tax the past couple of years

The example this idiot article cited criticizes corporations deducting the appreciated value of stock options. Well Dah! If the recipient of those options has to pay tax on their value than the giver should be able to deduct that same value. No different than your paycheck. Also the article repeatedly mentions rebates to corporations by doesn't give any examples. Also, many corporations ala AMD pays no taxes in certain years because they had previous losses that the can carry forward to offset current income. Of course the article doesn't mention that.

Ya know we conservates can load on the crap but when you get down to the nitty gritty you liberals just smell more.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< Well Dah! If the recipient of those options has to pay tax on their value than the giver should be able to deduct that same value >>

Take a tax course idiot. Giver cannot deduct even though recipient pays. There are
limited exceptions, but you wouldn;t know what they are.

<< Also, many corporations ala AMD pays no taxes in certain years because they had previous losses that the can carry forward to offset current income. Of course the article doesn't mention that.
>>

The article plainly says that certain companies paid zero taxes
even though they earned billions of dollars. There's gains there
no doubt.

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
Nice that you have no problem coughing up YOUR money to the leviathan. Would you mind leaving MY MONEY out of your guilt?

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< Nice that you have no problem coughing up YOUR money to the leviathan. Would you mind leaving MY MONEY out of your guilt?

>>

I haven't touched &quot;your money.&quot; If you don't make enough to offset the tax hit
than that's YOUR shortcoming.

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
Yo 403

Who you calling idiot?

I'm a CPA. I'll &quot;F&quot;ing bet I've taken a $hit-load more tax courses than you.

Can't win your discussion on facts so ya start name calling. Real intellectual liberal!

And, so that your limited mind can comprehend. I can't believe that there are many, if any, internet companies paying taxes even if they have income. Why? Because they have cummulative prior losses that they can use to offset current income. Do you understand that concept. Its not that difficult.

So when articles such as the one you cited states that some companies are making billions and not paying taxes there maybe legitimate reasons. Not necessarily always, but you need better proof than what you offered up.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< Who you calling idiot? >>

You...idiot.

<< I'm a CPA. I'll &quot;F&quot;ing bet I've taken a $hit-load more tax courses than you. >>

H&amp;R Block &quot;cpa&quot; no doubt judging from, your knowledge...or lack thereof

<< And, so that your limited mind can comprehend. I can't believe that there are many, if any, internet companies paying taxes even if they have income. Why? Because they have cummulative prior losses that they can use to offset current income. Do you understand that concept. Its not that difficult. >>

I guess H&amp;R Block &quot;cpa's&quot; have a hard time reading articles then...the article I quote
mentioned Pfizer Inc. and banking group J.P. Morgan &amp; Co. NOT some internet
startup.

Go back to cooking you grand dad's books.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Go back to cooking you grand dad's books. >>

This from a perv who gets his jollies photographing underage girls. How that makes him a financial expert we'll never know.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
<sarcasm>
JoeBad, you don't seem to understand ;) All logic and rational thought must be repulsed at any cost so we can further the liberal ideology that people who make more than we do must be inherently evil and should be taxed a lot more.

This is crucial, otherwise we won't have money to pay for all the useless spending programs we need to redistribute wealth according to our idea of who is deserving.
</sarcasm>

I'm in Financial Analysis myself, so I know a good bit about how the tax system for corporation works. Nothing like seeing a thread where half the people are spouting off about things they know virtually nothing about.......

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< This from a perv who gets his jollies photographing underage girls. How that makes him a financial expert we'll never know. >>

Not surprised...there's alot of things you'll &quot;never know&quot;...namely
a good woman.

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
&quot;Drugs giant Pfizer Inc., banking group J.P. Morgan &amp; Co. and automaker General Motors Corp. were among the 41 companies that not only paid zero tax but received $3.2 billion in rebate checks, the study found&quot;

Rebate checks??? The IRS is issuing rebate checks?

Pfizer, GM &amp; JPM must be spending alot of time in the Hot Deals forum.

And does the article say why they are paying no tax? No.

Great post 403! I sure learned alot from it and I'll be sure to pass it along to my buds at H&amp;R.

Call your little sister up the next time ya need to call names.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< Rebate checks??? The IRS is issuing rebate checks? >>

I'm not surpised that an H&amp;R Block &quot;cpa&quot; wouldn't have the foggiest idea what a
rebate check was.

Now you know why your clients are stictly five &amp; dime.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
We have a complicated tax system that nobody understands. And because it?s so hard to understand, the folks who benefit the most are individuals and businesses who have good tax attorneys/accountants. The system is designed to cause enough money to satisfy government, business, and the individual in that order. If you have a good accountant, you do fine. If not, well we can talk about economic class warfare some other time. Anyway, I?m all for eliminating most if not all of the tax code!

Are we talking about the fairness of business tax policy here or taxes on wealthy individuals and families? It?s rather important I think. Businesses can and do receive tax breaks and for the most part they?re happy especially in modern times when big business has so much influence in DC. Wealthy individuals are highly taxed and have more reason to complain in my view. But still due to the complicated tax code they manage to stay ahead.

In my view the federal government gets to play with far too many american dollars and its time to change that. Simplification of the tax system is a good start. Will it happen under Bush? Yeah, right. Gore? Muhahaha.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< << Not surprised...there's alot of things you'll &quot;never know&quot;...namely a good woman >>

Or in your case, a hot 6th grader.

>>

Got one right for a change...You must be speaking from
experience for a change. Your right I have never known a hot 6th grader.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< She also said it was a shame that your dick wasn't as big as your mouth. [/b]

A common statement from women with loose ones....

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< And that's probably a common statemnt from guys with small ones. >>

Again you speak from experience...good job, that's the 2nd time.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< << Again you speak from experience...good job, that's the 2nd time. >>

How would you know that?
>>

Well you either speak from experience or you speak from ignorance.
Maybe you should got back to speaking from ignorance...you were more amusing that way.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< Well then at least you agree that what I had to post had some merit. >>

Congratulations. You've come to terms with your size...or lack thereof.

<< To bad the same can't be said about you. >>

Didn't you claim that you were going to ignore me a mere 24 hours ago?

Either my post have do have merit, or you're too weak to ignore
my supposed &quot;meritless posts&quot;. It's probably both.

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
403-

Still waiting to hear from you as to what a &quot;rebate check&quot; is from the IRS.

Might you mean a refund not rebate?

I have never heard of anyone calling a return of money collected by the IRS as a rebate? Maybe a new liberal term like Clinton calling a tax reduction an expense.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< Might you mean a refund not rebate? >>

uh sir...no one is talking about five &amp; dime tax refunds

The article was refering to large corporation tax rebates. They
are not the same thing. I don't have my tax books in front of me
so I'm not about to wax minutia with you concerning tax law.
Doing so would be akin to malpractice...something I'm sure
you H&amp;R Block folk are very familiar with.

Yadda yeadda yadda keep on crying about the &quot;liberals&quot; even though the
San Jose Mercury published that article...or do you even read the papers
anymore?

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< I guess it's the fact that you even exist that is so annoying. >>

BTW, I take pleasure in getting under your skin. Must run in the family...your mom likes it too.