That's not the way it works..

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Is it? :confused:

Does abortion get the men OUT of child support? WTF?

GOP WV Rep. Calls For Child Support Ban Because Making Men Pay Could 'Encourage' Abortion
1659542181630.png

Chris Pritt, a Republican who serves as a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates from the 36th district, was harshly criticized after he suggested men should not have to pay child support because forcing men to support their children could "encourage" women to have abortions.

In fact, Pritt went so far as to suggest the practice of paying child support should be banned altogether. Oddly, he said it would be necessary to "enact the Second Amendment here" to discourage anyone who might seek an abortion.
Pritt's remarks are the latest brazen suggestion from an empowered conservative in the weeks since the Supreme Court officially overturned Roe v. Wade, the 1973 landmark decision that once protected a person's right to choose reproductive healthcare without excessive government restriction.

You can hear what Pritt said in the video below.

Pritt said:

"If she carries through with the pregnancy, he's going to have, possibly, some sort of child support obligation. And, so, what he wants to do is, he wants to — in a sense — encourage her to go and find a way for her to get an abortion."
"Because he knows that a certain individual — if he has any kind of familiarity with her, he knows that she might be of such a state of mind, she must be in such a vulnerable position that it's not worth everything that he's going to put me through to carry this pregnancy forward."
"It's going to be easier, it's going to be better, for me to just go and terminate this 'life.' So she goes over to Virginia or to some other state where she goes and gets the abortion."
"So, I think that's a really clear possibility if we enact the Second Amendment here, I don't want to be doing anything that is encouraging thugs to go and get an abortion."
Pritt's remarks exposed him to heavy criticism online after footage of his remarks went viral

Cation
@soupsyndicate

Wow. They want to ban abortion and absolve men from any responsibility for getting women pregnant...makes zero logical sense, but it ensures single women and children will be stuck in poverty. Insane, but not surprising.

Pritt later attempted to clarify his remarks, saying that his speech "was in response to an amendment allowing men to file pre-birth paternity actions" and that he never claimed men should not have to pay child support.
He added that he has "personally known of instances where abortions were done after threats of a custody fight" though he did not offer actual evidence.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: iRONic

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I will say it sounded to me more like he said "folks" than "thugs".
And in regards to his clarification... if he wasn't arguing against child support, I'm not really sure exactly what he was trying to get across here.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If what he was trying to say is that potentially having to pay child-support might tend to make men more pro-choice it would at least make sense.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
It's probably cause he's worried about some incoming secret kids child support payments he's gonna have to make :D
Going with the every accusation is a confession wager, when it comes to Republicans, is never a bad gamble.

Looking at that picture:
Our douche of the hour looks like Egghead from the Batman files.
Mr. Anderson is sleeping. Probably eating a steak and pulling a Judas on his constituents.
Kelly is dressed like he is about to declare "The beaches are open!"
Santa is adding Egghead to the naughty list.

All these old leaden brained idiots running government. What could possibly go wrong.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Does this thing have a garbage compactor?

In a galaxy far far away….

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
And in regards to his clarification... if he wasn't arguing against child support, I'm not really sure exactly what he was trying to get across here.

You think you don't know? Imagine how confused he is.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
maybe he trying to get out of paying child support to his mistress who is pregnant with his love-child.

Reactions: dank69

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Probably need to read the amendment he was referring to. I'm guessing the second amendment to whatever batshit crazy bill they were debating.

Sounds like it was an amendment to allow the father to flight for custody before the child is born. So what he was saying was that a father could do that in bad faith, hoping to encourage her to get an abortion instead of having to deal with the father on custody. The second amendment he was referring to was an amendment to the bill, not the right to bear arms.

I don't agree with the guy, but this is exactly why politics in the US is so fucked up, everything is pulled out of context and then a straw man is attacked.

I don't think he ever said anything about eliminating child support, just making impossible for the father to fight for custody until birth.

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Yes. If a woman has an abortion, the man doesn't pay child support, that is how it works.

You should really get better sources he never said anything about banning child support.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Probably need to read the amendment he was referring to. I'm guessing the second amendment to whatever batshit crazy bill they were debating.

Sounds like it was an amendment to allow the father to flight for custody before the child is born. So what he was saying was that a father could do that in bad faith, hoping to encourage her to get an abortion instead of having to deal with the father on custody. The second amendment he was referring to was an amendment to the bill, not the right to bear arms.

I don't agree with the guy, but this is exactly why politics in the US is so fucked up, everything is pulled out of context and then a straw man is attacked.

I don't think he ever said anything about eliminating child support, just making impossible for the father to fight for custody until birth.
Yeah, I did pick that up when I was trying to figure out what he was getting at (regarding the second amendment).

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
It's really difficult to understand what point he's really trying to get at here.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Yes, because rapists always carry ovulation test kits with them. Everyone knows this………
So you don't understand how pregnancy occurs and lack the ability to see how that relates to overturning Roe vs Wade. I know this because that's what your post implies.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
So you don't understand how pregnancy occurs and lack the ability to see how that relates to overturning Roe vs Wade. I know this because that's what your post implies.
Sarcasm fail apparently. I should know by now that /s is an absolute requirement in P&N.

Reactions: Captante

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It all makes sense when you realize he said it to try to help out his bisexual lover who clearly got somebody pregnant.

• Haha
Reactions: DaaQ

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

GOP WV Rep. Calls For Child Support Ban Because Making Men Pay Could 'Encourage' Abortion
View attachment 65308

Chris Pritt, a Republican who serves as a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates from the 36th district, was harshly criticized after he suggested men should not have to pay child support because forcing men to support their children could "encourage" women to have abortions.

In fact, Pritt went so far as to suggest the practice of paying child support should be banned altogether. Oddly, he said it would be necessary to "enact the Second Amendment here" to discourage anyone who might seek an abortion.
Pritt's remarks are the latest brazen suggestion from an empowered conservative in the weeks since the Supreme Court officially overturned Roe v. Wade, the 1973 landmark decision that once protected a person's right to choose reproductive healthcare without excessive government restriction.

You can hear what Pritt said in the video below.

Pritt said:

Pritt's remarks exposed him to heavy criticism online after footage of his remarks went viral

Cation
@soupsyndicate

Wow. They want to ban abortion and absolve men from any responsibility for getting women pregnant...makes zero logical sense, but it ensures single women and children will be stuck in poverty. Insane, but not surprising.

Pritt later attempted to clarify his remarks, saying that his speech "was in response to an amendment allowing men to file pre-birth paternity actions" and that he never claimed men should not have to pay child support.
He added that he has "personally known of instances where abortions were done after threats of a custody fight" though he did not offer actual evidence.
Please keep exposing your complete moral depravity for all to see, you piece of misogynous shit.