Thats it Milosevic is GONE!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yugoslavians take over Parliament!!

Nothing like an uprising to brighten the day. It would be a real shame if Milosevic got swarmed by an angry mob and...um...you can guess.

I've been following this news for a while as I followed the news last year in the region and I'm really glad the public is not getting weaker, they just won't stand for this crap anymore!!

Heck, even some of the cops are joining in. I hope there is no more violence (some injuries so far), except perhaps the crowed will make an exception with Milosevic.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

The only problem is with us (and I meand the US).

Milo won't leave peacefully if he thinks he may be turned over to the west for trial of war crimes. The US stance leaves him little option but to go down fighting... unfortunately. My opinion is that it is more important to get the Yugo people free of that tyrant. Putin should give him amnesty and we should let him and his cronies go there... that way we can nail his ass there in about a year :cool:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I agree with Dabonehead. Give him amnesty...then once he steps down recognize the promise with as much legitimacy as he has given in the past to promises...

I am actually starting to think now that regardless of what milosevic wants he's gone be gone soon. He only holds on through propaganda and the entire country seems to hate him now, even his police are turning against him a bit...the only reason he has an army/police is because they are following orders. I'm sure they all hate him as much as everyone else.

Updated: More unrest

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Remember this day and what has happened, this is the best example in the last 200 years that shows that the people have more power than the government likes to think. This is allmost as big as the french revolation. You all will be reading about this in history books, how the people stood up against its dictator and watching police and army join in the protests.

A big day in history.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I´d like to add that the Chinese goverment is thinking about giving Milosevic an place to stay in china. And if Milosevic decidesto go to Russia and talk to Putin then Russia will have to arrest him, all because of international laws concerning war criminals.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Milosevic should be punished!! Grr, I just can hardly fathom how a single individual afraid for himself would use an entire nation of thousands and millions just to make himself feel better. I guess thats how it works though in places like this - or rather did, in this case.

CinderElmo

Jun 23, 2000
Czar is right this is huge! Been watching all day on CNN (at work shhhh!) and it was awesome when the security forces backed off (and some joined the people) and let the crowd have parliament. Credit them for helping make this "revolution" relatively blood free (so far). Hopefully the west will continue to keep its nose out of their affairs (wish the US would get its nose out of Middle East next).

Good luck to the protesters!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Oh god...I'm talking to _adults_ on my ICQ list and apparently not a one of them (of 4 I've mentioned in the last few min) have even been following this at all. One guy said that the US is not up on foreign news - but its been headline on cnn for about a week!

CinderElmo

Jun 23, 2000
Hell, I know adults who don't know when World War II was - it is no suprise most people have no idea about some small country in E. Europe..."it can't possibly affect me"! My local TV station had a story on blessing of farm animals...but nothing on Serbia!!! :eek:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
That is just F**ked. I am talking to a 29 year old friend and I said "Do you not care about foreign news at all?" He said "Not one tinsy insy little bit", that just blows my mind, I can't understand that. Its exceptionally ignorant. Not knowing that there was a war last year there is one thing, but actually actively not caring when somebody tries to explain it to you... man...

CinderElmo

Jun 23, 2000
I remember when we were involved in the Gulf War and talked to some adult acquaintences about it. Me: What do you think we should do over there? Them: I say we nuke the crap out of them! Me: (*slaps hand on forhead in disbelief*)

Not much suprises me anymore...but somehow ignorance always finds a new way to shock me.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Shocking about this is not only does he not have a clue about it, but he is actively interested in not knowing about it - that is how marvelously ignorant he is. Plus he has a college education and works in a technical field (just to indicate he isn't an intellectual vegetable).

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
I hope they get Slobodan and kill him like that Romanian leader whose name I can't spell.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
You mean that Cescescu..whatsit bloke.

I just heard that President elect Kuznet..what-his-name or whatever he's called, the opposition leader just had his first parlimentary meeting as president elect, so it looks like Milosovec is out of the frame.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Good news! I wonder how much of their national treasury the bastage Milosevic managed to pillage when he and his cronies fled? Should be interesting to see what Kostunica and friends do with the country. There's still a lot of rebuilding to do and I'd be curious to know their final feelings toward kosovo and their neighboring countries.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Bumping one last time - opposition has taken the place over, the army isn't going to stop them! Horay, I just hope that Milosevic shows up and is somehow *crosses fingers* forced to stand in front of a war crimes tribunal.

bye bastard!

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
RD

<<Is he ok with the other parts of the Former Yugoslavia going off on their own? I know he was an anti Communist but that wasn't the problem with the Serbs. The Problem was they felt that the niehboring Republics like Bosnia, Montenegro etc. were all part of Greater Serbia and that they should all be under Serbian Control. >>

I believe he supports the seperation(and further respect for) the neighboring republics. I think that is manefest in the support tendered by western democracy's and thier willingness to end sanctions.

But I may be guessing too. I need to cover my rear.;)LOL