That's it!!! I want Canada in the Axis of Evil...nevermind...staring at the medals count...don't feel so mad anymore...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
Hey im not bashing th USA or anybody but the original poster. We won the golds in Hockey, you guys got 2 silvers. Why would we suck(because we beat you? that makes no sense thing about it) sheesh what do you guys have against canada? you can always wish to ignore us if you cant take the fact that you dont own all of nort america.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
wow that was a heck of a game!

When we tied it 2-2 i thought we would come back. But the Canadian team was just to good. Well done! i wanted to see a good game and got it. granted i would have rather seen the US win but they were not the better team on game day.

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
Congrats to Dudley Do Right!!! Well played!! You all have come a long way for a country of leftovers!! (After the U.S. got all the good land in North America, you guys were able to get the freezing cold scraps!!)

As a U.S. citizen it makes it even more sweet when people behave this way when they beat us, it just shows how superior we are that others make such a big deal of the occasional loss or setback we suffer. All things considered, it is a bigger story that U.S. got Silver, Canada should routinely get Gold in hockey. We are definitely the pinnacle in all aspects of life, all others strive to rise to our standard.

Once again, Congratulations!

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
Finally over losing the Wannabe Americans vs. USA Mens Gold Medal Hockey game...playing with StyleXP helped (don;t ask).

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001

<< As a U.S. citizen it makes it even more sweet when people behave this way when they beat us, it just shows how superior we are that others make such a big deal of the occasional loss or setback we suffer. All things considered, it is a bigger story that U.S. got Silver, Canada should routinely get Gold in hockey. We are definitely the pinnacle in all aspects of life, all others strive to rise to our standard.
>>

Nicely put.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
As a U.S. citizen it makes it even more sweet when people behave this way when they beat us, it just shows how superior we are that others make such a big deal of the occasional loss or setback we suffer. All things considered, it is a bigger story that U.S. got Silver, Canada should routinely get Gold in hockey. We are definitely the pinnacle in all aspects of life, all others strive to rise to our standard.

I think this post generally summarizes best the POS arrogant attitude that fills this country with too much cr@p. This country would be much better without these dingos.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001

<< LOL you guys have about 6 or 7 times our population and you got about twice as many medals as we did....... ROFLMAO >>

You cannot compare raw population numbers to medal count. It's just illogical. How many people from the south do you think are in the WINTER Olympic Games?

That said, No one person can speak for an entire nation... I hate to see the Canadians in the thread bash all of us by what a few are saying.

CK

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I think the US did an outstanding job!
TRIPLED their previous best total count which was 13 at Nagano. I'm at a loss as to how you did it?
I guess part was the Russians had their worst Olympics ever and both the US and Germany set records for highest medal counts by a nation ever.
That is saying something.
Canada had our best ever Olympics too with 17 medals previous best was 15 at Nagano so congrats to us too after a slow start.
When we hosted our own Olympics in Calgary we didn't even get one gold medal :disgust:

IcePhoenix

Dec 22, 2001

<<

>>

That is one of the most enthonocentric things I have ever read! Sure, we (the US) are great, but there ARE other countries in the world. I am from the US, and I saw the game. It was very well played, and a great game. The winner of it won a hard, well deserved gold medal. You have to understand that even though the citizens of our country think we are the best and that everyone else should live like us, doesn't mean they WANT to. Perhaps you should look at the broader view of things, and remember that we aren't alone in the world.

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001

<< When we hosted our own Olympics in Calgary we didn't even get one gold medal >>

really...Canada didn't one Gold medal in the Clagary Olympics...whoa (not being sarcastic or anything, seriously)...what happened (seriously!).

AU Tiger

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 1999
It's time for all Canadians to fade back into the woodwork. Your 15 minutes are up.

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
ethnocentric? The U.S. prospers in spite of our neighbors and allies. We are like a big brother who constantly must stop and wait for the others to catch up. Yes, I am isolationist, what have other societies/cultures contributed to our health and growth? Imagine what we could do if we spent our money on ourselves instead of people all over this planet who are hateful and envious of us? There are still people in this age who live in caves or huts. There are people who have no plumbing, clean drinking water or sewage. There is no electricity or communication in vast areas of the world. What do we gain from these people. Must we always give and receive nothing in turn?

As I sit here I can look over at my entertainment center, on top of it are two U.S. flags folded in perfect triangles. These flags were placed in the corner of both my Grandfather and Fathers casket at their funerals. They always remind me that when these two great men were in their early years, instead of drinking beer, chasing women, working on cars and doing those things which all young American (U.S.) boys should be doing, they were off in foreign lands defending people who no longer respect or care for us or our sacrifices. Every time I see the U.S. making deals with Germany or Japan, I cringe. Have we forgotten so quickly? It has only been 50 years since people tried to destroy us in such a massive scale!! Yet we treat everyone else with such dignity and respect. I am one of only a few males in my family who have not served in the military. I have always felt guilty about this fact. Before my father passed away last October I asked him if he were dissapointed in me for not serving in the military.....he said "no, not at all, that is why I did, so you wouldn't have too......

As for this being a friendly exchange over a little Hockey game, it is much more than that. I personally cannot stand hockey and I do not care who won. But I do care when others make cracks about those things which people I love have made sacrifices over. I will never be humble, nor will I ever be apologetic for being born in this country.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Chrisjor: That's all fine and dandy that you think that's the case, however the reality is that the US economy would collapse without those damn foreigners. Gaseline(sp) doesn't come from a pump, nor does electricty come from a hole in the wall.

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
maybe we should kill those damn foreigners and take what we want. The strange thing is that when I pull my vehicle up to a gas pump, gas comes out......my computer seems to be running on electricity and it is plugged into a hole in a wall, go figure!! Maybe I am wrong, those damn foreigners are sending us these great things in an aid package!!!

<< My favourite part was when Canada won the hockey game >>

and they did not have to cry and whine to get a "special" gold medal, such pride. hey, if they got a special gold medal...that would make the Canadian figure skating team gold medalists in the special olympics!! Canaduh!

:Q