That time I got into a shoving match entering Spain

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Really only the second altercation I've had across all our travels. We were coming back into Spain from Morocco and waiting in line at passport control. There were two lines that had formed but no physical barrier between them. Well an older lady thought about jumping between lines because the one we were in was moving faster. I could see her thinking about doing this.

One thing to keep in mind about many parts of Spain and Africa is that queuing doesn't really exist. It's more a light mob mentality with a lot of light pushing. If you don't follow along you'll end up at the back of the line. There were 2 arguments that I saw about queuing to get onto our ferry in Morocco. It's just a thing that happens from time to time

So I closed the gap between me and the person in front of me to cut her off, protecting our position but not actually making contact with her.

She did not like that at all. Glared at me and swore at me. Then, making constant eye contact with me, rammed her suitcase into my foot. Given my footware I barely noticed so I smirked and we argued some. Making no progress she rammed it into my foot again which caused no movement from me. Finally she started yelling and bodily THREW herself into me. Like full on backed up and launched forward

Since we were only 5 people from the border agents I realized we were getting a bit of attention from the guards. So I gave in and let her go ahead. Tall guy vs old lady rarely looks good for tall guy and I didn't feel like spending time answering extra questions at a boarder entry.

She promptly ran her suitcase, on accident I think this time, into the Brit in front of me. To which he replied "Trying to run me over with your suitcase won't make the line move any faster". His friend and I shared an eye roll

She swore at him too.

TBH I was a bit surprised the guards didn't say anything to her or me. It was loud enough a fair number of heads turned. She stalked off somewhere and we had a good chuckle ..after making it through passport control.

tl;dr: crazy lady tried to run my foot over with her suitcase. When that failed she threw her body into me and shoved me

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Captante

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Ma'am, one more dead ho in my basement won't make much difference.

And you should have flopped like a soccer player.