That time has come.

Desslok

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
Things are starting to heat up down here in the Great American Southwest so I am going to put my GPU folders to sleep except during the nights till it gets too hot at night as well. I will be back in the Fall.

Desslok

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
It was 77 yesterday here, and 85 in the computer room. I may have some going down too.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Sometimes I wish for reasonable temps - from my point of view.
We just have 40ºF (= 4.5ºC) ... and we had snowfall yesterday ... :(
I am not shutting down any crunchers - I need them to heat my house. ;)

You could move your crunchers north ... to northern Sweden.

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
With temperatures in the northeast (US) also starting to climb a bit now that spring is upon us, I have noticed my folders getting warmer as well. The only one that worries me is my OC-ed 1090T box. Fall and winter, I saw CPU and GPU temps in the low 50s (C), but this month, I've noticed them running 57-59C. I may need to back off the OC and turn down the GPU % usage soon as well. I'll see how it goes. I haven't turned the house AC on yet, but generally we have that set around 75, so it wouldn't have turned on yet anyway.

Regardless, 15-20% less output from me is probably not nearly as noticeable, as say 15-20% from you heavyweights who posted here before me. Your potential loss in output probably exceeds my TOTAL output by a magnitude of 10 or so. :p