That new Gatorade Commercial Rocks

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Needless to say i love the drink.

The commercial is really good...very uplifting.

A sports Commercial done right.

The original 'gator's one is still the best though

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I love the purple stuff.... something Frost...

As for the commercial... what is it about, I don't remember seeing it.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Brominated Oils stay in your fat, possibly permanently. No one has any idea whether or not that's a bad thing. I take the point of view that I'd rather not eat man-made products that I can't get rid of.

Still I suppose it shows your love of the product.

rival

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by: djheater
Brominated Oils stay in your fat, possibly permanently. No one has any idea whether or not that's a bad thing. I take the point of view that I'd rather not eat man-made products that I can't get rid of.

you're gunna die anyways, health freaks = the suck!

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: rival

There is absolutely no way I qualify, even remotely, as a health freak.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: rival

Better later than sooner!

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001

According to your link:

Only 30% of the bromine disappeared in the following 8 weeks on a normal diet no change in level having been noted for the first two weeks.

It doesn't stay in your fat permanently. It may not leave as fast as you like, but it doesn't just hang around.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
I love the purple stuff.... something Frost...

As for the commercial... what is it about, I don't remember seeing it.

It's the one with the college announcer, Keith Jackson maybe? (old guy for ABC) retelling the history of Gatorade in sort of an NFL- films esque way. First one talked about how doctors in Florida invented it for the Gators, propelling them to a national championship, and the newest one details how the Chiefs brought it to the NFL and won a championship using it. Very well done, quick 5 second interviews with the players and game footage. Seems more like a 30 second documentary than a commercial, although there is a very obvious push to sell Gatorade.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I love Gatorade! :)

Buy LOTS AND LOTS of it! Make my school lots of money :)

Skawttey

Mar 1, 2002
Originally posted by: CubicZirconia
I'll stick with water, even after seeing the commercial.

the problem with drinking only water when sweating a lot is that sweat is more than just water. I know someone who went into a coma for about 4 days from dehydration. She was doing a lot of physical activity for about a week straight, and she always drank a lot of water, but her potassium and other mineral levels were too low because water does not replace them. The neurologist reccomended to drink some kind of sports drink while doing physical activity. This is not to say water is bad, it just should be suplimented with other things.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Skawttey

the problem with drinking only water when sweating a lot is that sweat is more than just water. I know someone who went into a coma for about 4 days from dehydration. She was doing a lot of physical activity for about a week straight, and she always drank a lot of water, but her potassium and other mineral levels were too low because water does not replace them. The neurologist reccomended to drink some kind of sports drink while doing physical activity. This is not to say water is bad, it just should be suplimented with other things.

Yes, cause when we were roaming the prarie lands hunting bambi and kittens, we always had our trusty bottle of Gatorade by our sides.

bigdog1218

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: OulOat

Yes, cause when we were roaming the prarie lands hunting bambi and kittens, we always had our trusty bottle of Gatorade by our sides.

Haha bambi and kittens.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001

Potassium and mineral levels can be maintained just fine if one eats a balanced diet. I run pretty hard for an hour 4-5 nights a week and I never drink gatorade. I'm doing just fine. That's not to say I have anything against Gatorade (or any other sports drink), just that I think people in general think way too highly of it. As far as I'm concerned, water was, is, and always will be the best "sports drink."

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

Potassium and mineral levels can be maintained just fine if one eats a balanced diet. I run pretty hard for an hour 4-5 nights a week and I never drink gatorade. I'm doing just fine. That's not to say I have anything against Gatorade (or any other sports drink), just that I think people in general think way too highly of it. As far as I'm concerned, water was, is, and always will be the best "sports drink."

The reason i drink gatorade is because it isn't too sweet after a nice 20-30 Mile bike ride... I only take water.

After so much riding, a strong taste makes me sick..

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

The reason i drink gatorade is because it isn't too sweet after a nice 20-30 Mile bike ride... I only take water.

After so much riding, a strong taste makes me sick..

I agree. If I am really exhausted I can't drink gatorade.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!
water's better!
Water's BETTER!!!
WATER'S BETTER!!!!!! <beats crap out of linebacker>