Feb 1, 2008
Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
For those that fail to read: You have been getting it all year.

There is a “replacement” tax break making the rounds for 2011, the Payroll Tax Holiday, meant to make up for the loss of the Making Work Pay Credit. If you’re an employee, you should have noticed a few extra dollars in your paycheck each pay period this year. That’s because, on the employee side, payroll tax contributions for federal purposes have been reduced by 2%: instead of paying in at 6.2% for Social Security taxes, contributions are 4.2% for Social Security taxes. Contributions for Medicare remained the same.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
I'm disappointed. This is just more of the everyone but me should be taxed mentality. No surprise though.

It's actually the "everyone that makes more than I will make in the next 50 years, per year, should be taxed more than they currently are because the rate is obviously too low" mentality.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
For those that fail to read: You have been getting it all year.

There is a “replacement” tax break making the rounds for 2011, the Payroll Tax Holiday, meant to make up for the loss of the Making Work Pay Credit. If you’re an employee, you should have noticed a few extra dollars in your paycheck each pay period this year. That’s because, on the employee side, payroll tax contributions for federal purposes have been reduced by 2%: instead of paying in at 6.2% for Social Security taxes, contributions are 4.2% for Social Security taxes. Contributions for Medicare remained the same.

The reduction in social security taxes actually pissed me off quite a bit. Lets cut funding to an already starved program.

ccbadd

Jan 19, 2004
Funding was not cut to social security.

Nope, idiots in Gov will put it on new home buyers to finance over 15 to 30 years! They have enough to buy a new home, so they must be able to afford it mentality! This only applies to the 2 month extension.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Nope, idiots in Gov will put it on new home buyers to finance over 15 to 30 years! They have enough to buy a new home, so they must be able to afford it mentality! This only applies to the 2 month extension.

It goes on the general debt as I understand it. Where are all the Republicans talking about how that tax cut 'pays for itself'? You only hear from them about tax cuts for the rich.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I'll be happy to give you my address but I warn you that you will not achieve the outcome you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.