Thailand's 1st female tourism minister vows to get rid of sex industry!

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15372...-world-famous-brothels-and-sex-bars/#comments

*Pics are a little unsafe for work.

No more seedy sex bars in Thailand"
No more lady boys?
No more horny 65 year old men?

Maybe. Yea, I know it's a shady industry and it makes Thailand look bad. This industry gives Thailand a bad rap. But, it generates a lot of money. If they did this my guess they'd lose 10% revenue the first year and it would get worse before it got better.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
lady boys puts a whole new spin on Banana Republic.

No seriously though, what do they plan to do for money if their sex industry disappears?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
lady boys puts a whole new spin on Banana Republic.

No seriously though, what do they plan to do for money if their sex industry disappears?

7/11 maybe.

I had a talk with a sex worker and she told me that she sends her money home to her parents. It's going to be hard on them if the sex industry disappears.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Because trying to sweep it under the rug will make everything better... ;)

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
also, the new major of Turin wants to make the whole city vegan.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I dont know anything about the sex industry in Thailand. Is it above board and legal?

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
I dont know anything about the sex industry in Thailand. Is it above board and legal?

Nah, it's rife with blackbirding and sex slavery. Common tactic is to spread around fake work ads, which appeal to young women. Then it delves into the standard sex slavery fare.

A quick bit of Googlin' will yield the horrors.

Henry Rollins also did a wee anecdote about what it's like over there; if you're a white dude coming out of a hotel, you'll be greeted by taxi drivers equipped with photo albums of nude women/children, and if you like what you see, they'll take you over to a brothel.

Might be a bit of hyperbole, but it seems ta fit in with what ya can readily find on the matter.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Damn, now I'll never be able to afford that i7 and pascal Titan I wanted. :(

Was going to post a Legendary ATOT thread documenting it too.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
From what I understand about sex tourism in Thailand, "shutting it down" would be quite costly to their economy...

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Nah, it's rife with blackbirding and sex slavery. Common tactic is to spread around fake work ads, which appeal to young women. Then it delves into the standard sex slavery fare.

A quick bit of Googlin' will yield the horrors.

Henry Rollins also did a wee anecdote about what it's like over there; if you're a white dude coming out of a hotel, you'll be greeted by taxi drivers equipped with photo albums of nude women/children, and if you like what you see, they'll take you over to a brothel.

Might be a bit of hyperbole, but it seems ta fit in with what ya can readily find on the matter.

Don't have to be a white dude coming out of a hotel, they know who all the tourists are.

It's not just local gals either. The premier shops on walking street in bangkok & such feature supposedly russian girls.

The whole industry there's sketchy as shit. I got into an altercation with a bouncer who was shinning a high power green laser into the eyes of anyone who was trying to take photos near him (friend of mine in this case), and tried to get some white english-speaking tourism police down the block to do something about it. It became quickly obvious they were likely paid as much by the clubs as the government.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Isn't sex with children the only reason anyone goes to that country? If I wanted nice beaches without the child molestation, I would go to Hawaii.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
SE Asia costs a lot less than merica, doesn't require us visa, closer in proximity to much of the world, etc.

It's easy enough to stay away from the red light areas if you're careful.