TF2 Servers? Yes! We have a new TF2 Group :-)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: RandomFool
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
I actually think that is a good idea. When uber you should only be able to just work on taking out as much defense as possible, or absorb the hits, and let someone else run in and cap the CP. Sitting on the CP while uber to cap it is just too much (though I'm guilty of doing it myself).

KT

I seem to remember a certain ubered-heavy standing on the cap point blasting me to bits on dustbowl the other night...
:p

:D guilty as charged!

KT

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Sraaz
I generally don't join maps that are currently on 2fort. Gravelpit is my favorite map, followed very closely by Dustbowl, so I tend to join a server on one of those.

I don't join the CTF map either. I love Dustbowl and play on 2 different Dustbowl only maps.

Fire Fire Fire!!!!!!

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I finally got the Orange Box :)

Played a little TF2 tonight.

Pretty interesting game i must say.

And i'm impressed, i can run it maxed @ 2560x1600 4xAA 16xAF & never drop below 35-40 fps, more than fine for that game :D

Actualy gameplay isn't like to ever be my fave, but it was fun while i was in there, even though i didn't know what i was doin' sorta :p

BadRobot

May 25, 2007
To keep the maps rotating, I set it to best 2 out of 3 as far as rounds go,

if you don't like it ill change it

schmuck, keith, and random fool are admins as of now, so if you need/want somethign ask them. but if you don't get what you want don't whine. ill add more at some point maybe.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I finished Portal and I just got the car in Ep 2. so as soon as I finish it I'll be playing TF2 for a loooong time. Stop by my forum and schedule some game times :)

BadRobot

May 25, 2007
This is a cry for help, I CAN'T FIND WHERE TO CHANGE THE RESPAWN TIMER!

That is all, if you knwo please PM or post to let me know.

Thank You.

Edit 1: If you have suggestions for the server say so.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: BadRobot
This is a cry for help, I CAN'T FIND WHERE TO CHANGE THE RESPAWN TIMER!

That is all, if you knwo please PM or post to let me know.

Thank You.

Edit 1: If you have suggestions for the server say so.

According to the last post in this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com...0382&highlight=respawn you can do it with BeetlesMod, which is what you are usinjg for this server I believe?

Not sure if that helps at all, but hope it does. :)

KT

BadRobot

May 25, 2007
Alright finally got the newest version of beetle mod on the server. Spawn times reduced greatly, and map votes are now enabled for admins command is @votemap <name of map>

if anyone plays a good custom map let me know.

natep

Sep 27, 2005
i just bit the bullet and got the orange box. hopefully i'll be playing on the AT server later tonight.

edit: got on, my steamid is spinach chin

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
I've had friends in town all this week. They're gone now - so expect to see much, much more of your friendly, neighborhood admin.

What times are good for everyone to play? Maybe I'll post an event in the Community group.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
I've had friends in town all this week. They're gone now - so expect to see much, much more of your friendly, neighborhood admin.

What times are good for everyone to play? Maybe I'll post an event in the Community group.

Good stuff. I should be on tonight for a bit.

Anyone know who Curly is? He was owning me 1-on-1 for a while on the weekend. :(

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Sraaz
Yeah Curly was quite the badass... who was apparition?

Hmm, yeah not sure. It's too bad more people don't just have the same handle as they do on AT, it would make things so much easier. :)

KT

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I just got Orange Box and am installing it now...this'll be the first FPS that I've been interested in in probably 4-5 years. I'm gonna pretty horrible for a while, but I look forward to learning.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
I just got Orange Box and am installing it now...this'll be the first FPS that I've been interested in in probably 4-5 years. I'm gonna pretty horrible for a while, but I look forward to learning.

Good stuff. The good thing about this game is there are a lot of different, distinct classes, so no matter your style/strength, there will be something for you. :)

KT

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001

Good stuff. The good thing about this game is there are a lot of different, distinct classes, so no matter your style/strength, there will be something for you. :)

KT

Yeah, sounds like it...I'm pretty good all-around with video games, but I'll still be n00b for a while.

now for my first question:

I have my steam account (EvilYoda), but I can't seem to log into the community page, why? Is it a separate account?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

Yeah, sounds like it...I'm pretty good all-around with video games, but I'll still be n00b for a while.

I have my steam account (EvilYoda), but I can't seem to log into the community page, why? Is it a separate account?

It should be the same I think. I don't recall having to do anything different.

KT

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Their groups/friends/community thing is kinda hard to figure out.

Is there anything really great about joining a group other than seeing where people in the group are?

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com

KT

You might have to sign up for the steam community if you haven't already. I remember having to click through some screens to setup and configure my account.