TF2 Servers? Yes! We have a new TF2 Group :-)

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
So I broke down and got TF2 with the Orange Box today. Do we have a server to play on? Are we going to start a Clan?!?! I know we have the community page in Steam but I was hoping for something a little bit more TF2 specific.

New AT-Subgroup for TF2 Play :)

Join up! Let's get some games going!

BadRobot was kind enough to set up a server at:

65.99.193.231:27015

Jump in!

Stickied-PC Gaming Moderators

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
just join the ATOT steam community group and hop in a server when you see someone there.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I suck too much to join a clan, but it would be fun to get on a server with a bunch of ATers. :thumbsup:

KT

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I'm actually working with a close, real life friend of mine on putting together a TF2 community website that will have a clan. Any AT'ers will be very welcome to join (probably going to rollout the v1.0 of the site this weekend).

Edit: We probably won't have a clan actually, as we want it to be a social site rather than specific to a group. It would still be a good place for AT'ers to chat it up about TF, though.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I'm up for this depending on when the games are scheduled. I've got 4 hours experience with TF2 so consider me the fat kid who gets picked last :eek:

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Wow - I think, for me at least, the Spy is far and away the most fun class to play. I just wish people didn't shoot their own team as much to uncover spies :(

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I hate getting shot when im a spy, but I do it to when I play engineer so it evens out :p

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I would join. It would be cool to be on a team that works with strategy instead of everyone just doing their own thing.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good mic to use in this game?

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Any mic will work really. Just nab something by Logitech and you'll be golden :)

Edit: Here's two to choose from. One is USB the other is 3.5mm. A headset might be better, though.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
You guys should join the clan I'm in... Rogue Squadron Clan

We've had a TF2 server since the beta launched, we have several divisions for different games, and we've got around 40 members right now. All our servers are centrally located in Chicago, and we are 18+.

We pretty much just hang out on vent and play whatever game. We have CAL-O teams for CS:S and DOD:S. We had a CAL-M CS:S team, but there were some disagreements and they left haha.

The website is being completely re-done right now, with the new one slated to go online in October. The clan leader is a graphic designer who contracts out to make websites for companies.

The ip of the beta server is 216.52.143.51:2701

Sorry for the plug, but I <3 RogueSquadron :D

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Sraaz
Any mic will work really. Just nab something by Logitech and you'll be golden :)

Edit: Here's two to choose from. One is USB the other is 3.5mm. A headset might be better, though.

Yeah I want something that attaches to my head, but i don't want to hear sound through it, i want to hear sound through my speakers and just use the headset to talk

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
The Dragonwolves (-CDL-) all gathered for a Dragonwolf Rally last week in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Awesome place. Loved waking up in the mountains and look out over the Smokeys.

Anyway, I digress. Post rally blues and all that.

We were listening to some of our old Tribes 2 shoutcasts while at the rally and waxing poetic on how much fun it would be to get into a real team-based FPS and Team Fortress 2 came up. When I got back on Sunday I went to d/l the demo. So far it's pretty different. I definitely need to practice a bit, as I've only had time for a couple of games since coming back. But I do know discussion on our forums about this game has been nothing but positive. It's a breath of fresh air to finally work together with your teammates. So yeah, we're probably on the fast track to forming a competitive team for this game.

I just wish that there was a spinfuser....War Tribes and Tribes2 Base.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Kev
Yeah I want something that attaches to my head, but i don't want to hear sound through it, i want to hear sound through my speakers and just use the headset to talk

Wouldn't be too hard to do. just get a headset but then only plug in the mic cable. I do that right now actually.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Well for all the people from AT apparently playing TF2 I have yet to play against anyone AFAIK. It would be good to get an AT game going at some point.

KT

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Well the AT group has a lot of people, so pretty much anytime I get on Steam, I can play with another ATer. TF2 is definitely the most popular game played by the group. But all I can do is just join a server that someone in the group is currently playing on, so just about every time, I can only play with one other person from AT.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
yeah - and that's the problem. We really need a dedicated AT server...anyone interested in ponying one up? :D