TF2 Servers? Yes! We have a new TF2 Group :-)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
18,185
3
81
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Sraaz
Yeah Curly was quite the badass... who was apparition?
Hmm, yeah not sure. It's too bad more people don't just have the same handle as they do on AT, it would make things so much easier. :)

KT
so why don't ppl keep their steam acct name the same? am I the weird one for doing so?
 

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
18,185
3
81
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
now for my first question:

I have my steam account (EvilYoda), but I can't seem to log into the community page, why? Is it a separate account?
logon to Steam, then click the first link to the AT-TF2 page posted in this thread's orig post. There, click the "Join this group" link on the right hand side.
 

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
3,913
0
71
www.loofmodnar.com
Originally posted by: andylawcc
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Sraaz
Yeah Curly was quite the badass... who was apparition?
Hmm, yeah not sure. It's too bad more people don't just have the same handle as they do on AT, it would make things so much easier. :)

KT
so why don't ppl keep their steam acct name the same? am I the weird one for doing so?
I signed up for AT long before I came up with my steam name(loof). It just sort of evolved over time. Randomfool -> loofmodnar -> loof.

I've also got two steam accounts so I use randomfool for the second account.
 

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
7,775
0
0
Originally posted by: RandomFool
I signed up for AT long before I came up with my steam name(loof). It just sort of evolved over time. Randomfool -> loofmodnar -> loof.

I've also got two steam accounts so I use randomfool for the second account.
YOU are loof? You killed me you freakin bastard!
 

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
21,200
9
81
Originally posted by: andylawcc
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
now for my first question:

I have my steam account (EvilYoda), but I can't seem to log into the community page, why? Is it a separate account?
logon to Steam, then click the first link to the AT-TF2 page posted in this thread's orig post. There, click the "Join this group" link on the right hand side.
That's the first thing I tried! I have Steam running right now, I'm playing through Portal while I watch Heroes...and it still doesn't work. muh.
 

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
3,913
0
71
www.loofmodnar.com
Originally posted by: Sraaz
Originally posted by: RandomFool
I signed up for AT long before I came up with my steam name(loof). It just sort of evolved over time. Randomfool -> loofmodnar -> loof.

I've also got two steam accounts so I use randomfool for the second account.
YOU are loof? You killed me you freakin bastard!
Well I can't say I didn't try.
 
Dec 21, 2006
169
0
0
Joined :D

My Steam is ShadowPenetration, but it shows me in-game as wassat03. Weird. If I can, I'll try to snag ShadowoftheSun; if not, I'll be under ShadowPenetration.
 

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
4,570
0
0
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Just played for about 2 hours...and I suck, incredibly so.
I think I might be worse.

I played an entire game without a single kill.

I also forget which color my team is.

/sigh
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
Keep trying guys, you will get the hang of it. I really sucked at the beginning as well, now I suck a little less. :D

KT
 

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
10,578
0
71
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
I've had friends in town all this week. They're gone now - so expect to see much, much more of your friendly, neighborhood admin.

What times are good for everyone to play? Maybe I'll post an event in the Community group.
Good stuff. I should be on tonight for a bit.

Anyone know who Curly is? He was owning me 1-on-1 for a while on the weekend. :(

KT
<---- Curly :p
Don't mind me though, I tend to get owned occasionally mysself :).

I'm actually trying to get my AT name changed to Curly as we speak, I use that name more everywhere else, but someone here already has it, but they haven't accessed the forums in 2 1/2 years.
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
Originally posted by: bunker
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
I've had friends in town all this week. They're gone now - so expect to see much, much more of your friendly, neighborhood admin.

What times are good for everyone to play? Maybe I'll post an event in the Community group.
Good stuff. I should be on tonight for a bit.

Anyone know who Curly is? He was owning me 1-on-1 for a while on the weekend. :(

KT
<---- Curly :p
Don't mind me though, I tend to get owned occasionally mysself :).

I'm actually trying to get my AT name changed to Curly as we speak, I use that name more everywhere else, but someone here already has it, but they haven't accessed the forums in 2 1/2 years.
I demand a rematch!! 1v1 and using the same class for a fair fight! :p

KT
 

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
7,775
0
0
How do you request a name change? I'd like to change mine myself.
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
Originally posted by: Sraaz
How do you request a name change? I'd like to change mine myself.
I think you just need to search around for the name you want and if nobody has it or if they have not accessed the forums for quite a while, you just send a message to the mods asking for the change.

KT
 

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
10,578
0
71
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: bunker
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
I've had friends in town all this week. They're gone now - so expect to see much, much more of your friendly, neighborhood admin.

What times are good for everyone to play? Maybe I'll post an event in the Community group.
Good stuff. I should be on tonight for a bit.

Anyone know who Curly is? He was owning me 1-on-1 for a while on the weekend. :(

KT
<---- Curly :p
Don't mind me though, I tend to get owned occasionally mysself :).

I'm actually trying to get my AT name changed to Curly as we speak, I use that name more everywhere else, but someone here already has it, but they haven't accessed the forums in 2 1/2 years.
I demand a rematch!! 1v1 and using the same class for a fair fight! :p

KT
We can go tonight if you'd like :). I should be able to be on after 10pm EST

Woohoo! My name changed :D
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
Originally posted by: Curly
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: bunker
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
I've had friends in town all this week. They're gone now - so expect to see much, much more of your friendly, neighborhood admin.

What times are good for everyone to play? Maybe I'll post an event in the Community group.
Good stuff. I should be on tonight for a bit.

Anyone know who Curly is? He was owning me 1-on-1 for a while on the weekend. :(

KT
<---- Curly :p
Don't mind me though, I tend to get owned occasionally mysself :).

I'm actually trying to get my AT name changed to Curly as we speak, I use that name more everywhere else, but someone here already has it, but they haven't accessed the forums in 2 1/2 years.
I demand a rematch!! 1v1 and using the same class for a fair fight! :p

KT
We can go tonight if you'd like :). I should be able to be on after 10pm EST

Woohoo! My name changed :D
Haha, congrats!

Yeah, I should probably be able to do that. I'll check into the Meat Shack around that time.

Cheers,
KT
 
Dec 27, 2001
11,272
1
0
Man I started playing last night for the first time, and lost track of time and ended up playing almost 8 hours just learning the classes and tactics and then settling in and having fun on some competitve matches.

Mostly used the engineer.
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
Originally posted by: Beev
I got my name changed too :D
Hey grats!

Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Man I started playing last night for the first time, and lost track of time and ended up playing almost 8 hours just learning the classes and tactics and then settling in and having fun on some competitve matches.

Mostly used the engineer.
Yeah, I have been playing for a while now and I still don't know how to play some of the classes very well. I usually just end up using whatever class the team needs most.

KT
 

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
21,200
9
81
Well, I don't know what changed, but maybe there's just some grace period before your SteamID gets going...added myself to the group and I'll be online tonight. How do I go about adding the AT server to a list of favorites that I assume exists?
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Well, I don't know what changed, but maybe there's just some grace period before your SteamID gets going...added myself to the group and I'll be online tonight. How do I go about adding the AT server to a list of favorites that I assume exists?
Once you click 'Find Server' a UI will come up with a listing of all servers. The second tab should be for your favourites and you can add a favourite by IP (see my sig).

Hope to see you on tonight!

Cheers,
KT
 
Dec 27, 2001
11,272
1
0
Wow, I just led my team in scoring for the first time and it was as a spy. It's actually quite a challenge to pull off, but it's tons of fun.
 

vexingv

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2002
1,163
1
81
joined (vexv); just played for the first time just now on some random server. lots of fun even if you don't get massive amounts of kills (coming from CS:S...)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY