TF2 Most Damaging Melee

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
Sorry I didnt create a poll, and I hope this is not a repost. What is the most damaging melee weapon in TF2?

Edit: This is not a trick question, so it does not include backstab, extinguisher, etc.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Has to be backstab, that's a meleee. I mean how can you do more damage than a guaranteed one-hit kill. I do find the wrench and the bottle to be pretty good for damage as well.

KT

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Has to be backstab, that's a meleee. I mean how can you do more damage than a guaranteed one-hit kill. I do find the wrench and the bottle to be pretty good for damage as well.

KT

ok lets ignore the backstab for a moment, what's other than backstab that does good damage?

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
Wrench, pyro shotgun taunt, heavy fist taunt, backstab. (wrench has scary high crit-rate)

the unknown

Dec 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Tiamat
Link
:)

interesting.
I click the link, and click the first link on google and it just leads me to some Anandtech forum. below the OP i click the link to the response to his question and it just googles it for me again. Infinite loop FTL. :D

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: the unknown
Link

interesting.
I click the link, and click the first link on google and it just leads me to some Anandtech forum. below the OP i click the link to the response to his question and it just googles it for me again. Infinite loop FTL. :D

LOL!! Back when I linked it, the first one was: Text

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
lmao this thread is the first result. Well let me say besides the spy backstab the most powerful is the pyro fire ax. I love watching demo men rush me with there bottle out. I just give em a light and then inflict massive damage. A fully charged (450) heavy with a medic healing him goes down in 3 hits.

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
now I read through the google results there are conflicting data. Some sez pyro crits most (normal axe barring the axetinguisher), while another one says crits don't vary between classes. One link says even the damage is at the same range, sniper's giant knife will do 60+ damage more often than the others.

So, what's going on here?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: ivan2
now I read through the google results there are conflicting data. Some sez pyro crits most (normal axe barring the axetinguisher), while another one says crits don't vary between classes. One link says even the damage is at the same range, sniper's giant knife will do 60+ damage more often than the others.

So, what's going on here?

Random die roll?

KT

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com
Link

You are googling incorrectly.

I assume you wanted TF2 and the phrase "most damaging melee". If so then the proper search string would be
TF2 "most damaging melee"

The plus symbol is used by google to force words to be searched when they are common.
http://www.google.com/support/...l&ctx=basics&hl=en#and explains this.

Using the + symbol forces the word following it to be required in the results. You could have meant to use
TF2 +"most damaging melee"

This would have made sure the phrase "most damaging melee" was in the search results.

I hope this helps your future queries.