tf2 for x360 --- anyone wanna play? its 9est on friday

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
i just got it for my birthday after only waiter 8 years to play this game

do we have any players on here? im looking to play with some people.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Happy Birthday!
I played TF2 once so far. It was okay.

I think Orange Box came out at a bad time in a very mulit-player heavy holiday timeframe. Halo 3 and COD4 alone would knock its user base WAY down. To really get a foothold, it probably needed to come out 3 months earlier.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Modeps
Happy Birthday!
I played TF2 once so far. It was okay.

I think Orange Box came out at a bad time in a very mulit-player heavy holiday timeframe. Halo 3 and COD4 alone would knock its user base WAY down. To really get a foothold, it probably needed to come out 3 months earlier.

prolly true. but since i played the orginal tf mod for quake for like 6 years competitevly on the PC im am so happy to play this. just seems a little laggy right now.

oznerol

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2002
www.lorenzoisawesome.com
It is awesome, and works fine on the 360. It has some connection problems, and there aren't a ton of people playing, but when you get a good game it is way more fun (to me at least), than anything Halo 3 or CoD4 has to offer.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
if anyone ever wants to play just send me an invite or a message online. and im game.

tag is below.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
It's a fun game, but there really is no skill required to play (you can kill just by blindly shooting). I usually play as spy because I think that is the only challenging player. I like CS better though, but some of teh players on CS are such sore losers.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I also waited 8 years for TF2... then one day I started playing COD4 like a crack addict.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I played once and went back to Halo 3. I just didn't care for the character classes. None really fit my style of play well.

Play Portal man, that game is awesome. You can finish it in an evening, but it's awesomely fun.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by: mugs
I played once and went back to Halo 3. I just didn't care for the character classes. None really fit my style of play well.

Play Portal man, that game is awesome. You can finish it in an evening, but it's awesomely fun.

already have played portal on the pc and i enjoyed it.

i think the class system and the non deathmatch style gameplay is what i like. im not a real fan of pure slayer/deathmatch. i like objective games.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I like it but I'm a COD man at the moment. A Valve rep said they have sent a patch to MS that further improves the network code. Also he said new maps as dlc pretty soon. I'll try again when the patch comes out when the patch comes out.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
ill be playing around 9pm est tonight if anyone wants to join up with me. maybe we can party up and find some good games.