Text appearing in Italics

jay75

Jun 1, 2003
Parts of my text have suddenly started displaying in italics. For example, the topic summary in the anandtech forums(link to screen shot), this very message you're reading, "images, groups and news" on the google main page.
It even appears in some application help windows where it did not before(602 tab, McAfee scan).

I have done a virus scan, and checked out stuff in the windoes desktop properties-appearance menu. IE menu view-encoding does not do anything either.

My os is Windows 2000 professional.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Check Display Properties > Appearance > Advanced to see if any fonts have been set for italics in there...

jay75

Jun 1, 2003
umm... there is no "advanced" button in display properties>appearance. there is one under settings, but no italics selection there.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: jay75
umm... there is no "advanced" button in display properties>appearance. there is one under settings, but no italics selection there.
Oops, I was going by what Windows XP has, which is different from 2000 in a fairly significant way. That does not change the fact that there is a place somewhere under the Display Properties where you can change font and color settings. Display Properties is not that huge or complex, so you should be able to find it on your own (time-saver: it's not under Settings anywhere, so don't bother looking there).