Texas to conduct a lawful audit of election

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Half my family are in South Africa. It's my wife's homeland. What does that have to do with the GOP being Trump's cucks?

Notice how you desperately tried to deflect? The desperation is palpable.

Hint: it's because he's profoundly racist and he's literally salivating at the prospect at grenading your possibly mixed baby relatives. It's literally all he thinks about.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'd welcome any honest audit of the vote, so yes.
I'm glad to see so much support for this audit in here.
So dishonest. You know that this is anything but an "honest audit" that the TX GOP is doing, and that their actual intention is to get their hands on the voting records in blue counties. You know this, but don't care because of your bitter political tribalism. Your hatred of freedom disgusts me.

Feb 4, 2009
To reinforce Texans confidence in their elections the Texan secretary of state has begun a forensic audit of 4 counties. It's a good thing to check and make sure everything in the elections is good and proper. What a great thing that should make every honest and legal voter proud. Liars, cheats and illegal voters probably won't be happy with the audit.

but they have said it was perfect and super secure earlier

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
In the short term, the Texas Secretary of State (not AG) announced the audit because Trump demanded that Abbott add election audits to the agenda for the special legislative session currently underway. The goal is to placate him without having to adopt legislation, which would be divisive even within the Texas Republican caucus.

In the long term, this is part of the plan to normalize election audits so that when they DO need to overturn a result people have come to accept the validity of such audits. And that such audits only seem to be necessary in heavily Democratic urban counties or suburban counties that are trending that way. Notice no Republicans are demanding an audit of say ... Roberts County, population 938, that went 96% for Trump.

"Honest audit" my ass..

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
In the short term, the Texas Secretary of State (not AG) announced the audit because Trump demanded that Abbott add election audits to the agenda for the special legislative session currently underway. The goal is to placate him without having to adopt legislation, which would be divisive even within the Texas Republican caucus.

In the long term, this is part of the plan to normalize election audits so that when they DO need to overturn a result people have come to accept the validity of such audits. And that such audits only seem to be necessary in heavily Democratic urban counties or suburban counties that are trending that way. Notice no Republicans are demanding an audit of say ... Roberts County, population 938, that went 96% for Trump.

"Honest audit" my ass..
texas doesn't even have a secretary of state right now, so i have no idea who has the authority to initiate this fraud effective use of limited taxpayer resources.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Sounds good to me, i'd like to see an honest audit of votes in California.
what evidence do you have to share that warrants a so called "honest audit" by your standards? Which part of the Californian election process is proving to be dishonest? Can you save the bullshit and actually discuss this objectively or is it you think CA elections are dishonest because large numbers of brown people vote and D's win hands down over and over?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
lol, I used to think Taj was a true believer but the OP is too good, he's straight trolling.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
To reinforce Texans confidence in their elections the Texan secretary of state has begun a forensic audit of 4 counties. It's a good thing to check and make sure everything in the elections is good and proper. What a great thing that should make every honest and legal voter proud. Liars, cheats and illegal voters probably won't be happy with the audit.

If Republicans were running my elections, I'd be suspicious too. Look at all the voter fraud they commit.

Cheaters across the board.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Perhaps they're looking at the ones with the highest probability of vote fraud?
And by "voter fraud" and "illegal votes" you mean Democratic votes. Because other than that, there is no higher probability of voter fraud in the counties being audited than in any other county in TX.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
It's a good thing to check and make sure everything in the elections is good and proper. What a great thing that should make every honest and legal voter proud. Liars, cheats and illegal voters probably won't be happy with the audit.
I'd welcome any honest audit of the vote, so yes.
I'm glad to see so much support for this audit in here.
It's unreal what a dishonest piece of garbage you are.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and BD:)

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It doesn't matter how many audits prove Trump a liar, a majority of the cult will not care, still think the election was stolen, and will happily support an overthrow of democracy next time they can. It's all a show so they can continue to feel good about the shittiest impulses inside them, the impulses that rule them. They'll also continue to support voter suppression based on bullshit. These are the same people that claim to be pro-life, but could give two fucks about actually being pro-life for people, babies, whomever - with common sense things like healthcare and better wages, more access to education, a clean environment, etc...

The cognitive dissonance in these people is not just incredible, it's evil.

These people are not just deplorables, but irredeemable. It's way past time we all recognize this, realize who the enemy is, and start acting accordingly. These people can't be reasoned with. They are, as their cult leader says, bad hombres.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Perhaps they're looking at the ones with the highest probability of vote fraud?
What variables and considerations went into determining the counties being audit have a high probability of voting fraud? Come on knuckledragger enlighten us with more of your hilarious bullshit!