Texas Senate bill wants to drop teaching the KKK is wrong and stop teaching about MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
More whitey whitewashing of history. Not only will we refuse to make any judgments on the actions of the Ku Klux Klan but since that evil communist negro gave the most famous speech in the countries history we can teach that either.

Lynching blacks not so bad. Blacks fighting for their civil rights? We need to keep our precious white kids ignorant to that kind of propaganda. After all, those darkies should be happy they live in Merica.

Texas Senate Bill Drops Teaching Requirement That Ku Klux Klan Is 'Morally Wrong' (yahoo.com)

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Pretty pathetic, I don't understand why it's so hard to look back at history and realize we did a lot of shitty things. The history classes I took didn't gloss over any of this stuff, I guess I took it for granted and assumed most people learned about that stuff because it actually happened.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Pretty pathetic, I don't understand why it's so hard to look back at history and realize we did a lot of shitty things. The history classes I took didn't gloss over any of this stuff, I guess I took it for granted and assumed most people learned about that stuff because it actually happened.
Easy for you to say. You don't want to be a shit today. But there are many who do and don't like the fact they are shits being widely recognized.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
More whitey whitewashing of history. Not only will we refuse to make any judgments on the actions of the Ku Klux Klan but since that evil communist negro gave the most famous speech in the countries history we can teach that either.

Lynching blacks not so bad. Blacks fighting for their civil rights? We need to keep our precious white kids ignorant to that kind of propaganda. After all, those darkies should be happy they live in Merica.

Texas Senate Bill Drops Teaching Requirement That Ku Klux Klan Is 'Morally Wrong' (yahoo.com)
But kids might feel bad about their parents........

Nov 8, 2012
Dont worry guys - we will put that historical irrelevant information in museums where they belong - where people can learn about them if needed.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Dont worry guys - we will put that historical irrelevant information in museums where they belong - where people can learn about them if needed.
How the hell is removing history from being taught in a class similar to removing statues? I don't recall any liberals trying to ban teaching about the confederacy in school.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
How the hell is removing history from being taught in a class similar to removing statues? I don't recall any liberals trying to ban teaching about the confederacy in school.
When you are as racist as these people are and are sociopaths with an advanced form of psychosis, it all makes sense in their cockroach minds.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
When you find that statue of a black person in history who oppressed whites, I'll help you.

Stock market has been up and down. Future PLC provocateur must get busy filling the bait buckets with chum. You guys will sort it out eventually. Until then.... FEAST.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Stock market has been up and down. Future PLC provocateur must get busy filling the bait buckets with chum. You guys will sort it out eventually. Until then.... FEAST.
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here. Zilch.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I saw that in the news. What I read was they just wanted to remove the requirement to teach MLK, not block him from being taught.
The KKK thing I did not hear about.

So yeah, texas is going backwards, but much slower than we think. Also, did it occur to you guys this is just a political stunt? Like they know damn well the bill won't pass but they're trying to make a point anyway?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
To me, merely the hooded aspect of the KKK makes them fully Un-American. If you can't man up, you are a boil on the ass of the nation. The lynchings, the burning crosses, etc. They have always been a terrorist organization. Read the autobiography of Malcolm X. These things happened to him as a child.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I saw that in the news. What I read was they just wanted to remove the requirement to teach MLK, not block him from being taught.
The KKK thing I did not hear about.

So yeah, texas is going backwards, but much slower than we think. Also, did it occur to you guys this is just a political stunt? Like they know damn well the bill won't pass but they're trying to make a point anyway?
If they have enough votes to pass voting restrictions what makes you think it couldn't pass? Dems had to leave town to stop it.

Think it's a smidge possible they are just racist?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here. Zilch.
He's implying that Someone is a sockpuppet controlled by the forum owners to increase participation and thus ad revenue.
Personally, I think he's giving both Someone and Future too much credit.
Someone recently said in his CRT thread that he's opposed to black history being taught in the schools, so of course he would be in favor of teaching pro-KKK propaganda in the schools.
But don't call him a racist. He gets all triggered by that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Conservatives in 2020: 'We need to keep these statues so that people can learn about the evils of racism and slavery'.

Conservatives in 2021: 'On second thought, better they don't learn about the evils of racism and slavery either.'

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Conservatives in 2020: 'We need to keep these statues so that people can learn about the evils of racism and slavery'.

Conservatives in 2021: 'On second thought, better they don't learn about the evils of racism and slavery either.'
It's completely in line with their usual bad faith false equivalency "logic."

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi